MTVN Sets Its Executive Roster
- McGrath Makes Changes at MTV. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/11/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the reorganization in the management structure of MTV Networks made by CEO Judy McGrath. Expansion of the responsibilities of executives Van Toffler and Brian Graden; Return of Larry Divney as chief operating officer of the company; Responsibilities of Toffler and Graden.
- They Got More MTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the appointment of Van Toffler as president of Music Television Networks (MTVN) Group and Brian Graden as president of entertainment for MTVN Group and Logo as of October 11, 2004. Career background of Toffler and Graden; Responsibilities assigned to them.
- New Era For MTV Networks. Hay, Carla // Billboard;10/16/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 42, p6
Reports on the management changes at MTV Networks in New York. Promotion of Judy McGrath to chairman/CEO of the company; Role of Van Toffler as the company president; Appointment of Larry Divney as COO of ad sales.
- The MTV Shuffle. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/27/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 39, p20
Reports on the change in the management committee of MTV Networks as of September 27, 2004. Role of Van Toffler as president of MTV and MTV2; Responsibilities of MTV programming chief Brian Graden.
- Graden rewarded for MTV revamp with promotion. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/18/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the promotion of MTV Networks executive Brian Graden to president of programming. Announcement of the created position by MTV president Judy McGrath and general manager Van Toffler; Accomplishments of Graden in the company.
- MTV cues up power playlist. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/7/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 4, p1
Reports on executives selected by MTV Networks (MTVN) chief executive officer Judy McGrath to run the cable business in the United States. Appointment of Van Toffler as MTVN Group president; Selection of Larry Divney as MTVN chief operating officer of advertisements and sales; Recruitment of...
- LARRY DIVNEY SETS SIGHTS ON MTV ADS. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the appointment of Larry Divney as the president of advertising sales at the MTV Networks (MTVN) in the U.S. in October 2005. Increase in the advertising revenues of MTV Networks for the third quarter of 2004; Information on the advertising sales packages offered by MTVN; Career...
- They Guard Their MTV. Ebenkamp, Becky // MediaWeek;10/20/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p28
Provides information on the contributions of several U.S. executives of MTV to ensure consistency to the brand. Brian Graden; Tina Exarhos; Van Toffler; Todd Cunningham.
- Music still matters at MTV. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;3/5/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 33, p63
In this article, Van Toffler, the president of Viacom's MTV Networks Music and Logo Group quoted saying that music videos are still valuable content for MTV, though changing tastes of viewers have led to an expansion into reality and other shows.