Inside Verizon's Fiber Plans
- A Verizon Exec Ponders Past Calls. MOREY STETTNER // Investors Business Daily;12/ 9/2013, pA08
In the mid-2000s, Verizon started to shift from traditional copper to fiber-optic technology to connect a home or business to its network. The transition, now well underway, taught Robert Mudge a key leadership lesson.
- Is FTTP a home run? Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Jun2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p15
The article focuses on fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) technology that was widely discussed in "Optical Fiber Communications Conference," held in Anaheim, California, from March 7 to 9, 2005. The fiber-optic industry is ready embrace the technology. Numerous companies have developed optical...
- Verizon Business leverages GPON for FTTD. // Lightwave;Nov2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p29
The article reports on the collaboration between Verizon Business and Science Applications International Corp. in the U.S. The partnership is leveraging passive optical network (PON) technology and is geared at delivering fiber to the desktops to its clients including federal government offices...
- Motorola eyes Tellabs' prize. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p4
The article informs that Motorola Inc. is poised to grab a big chunk of a ground-breaking project at the expense of Tellabs Inc. Industry observers expect Motorola to be named the second supplier of fiber optic gear for Verizon Communications Inc.'s new push to wire 3 million U.S. homes for...
- FiOS: Formidable. B. R. S. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the competition of several telecommunication industries in the market for Fiber Optic Service (FiOS) in the U.S. It mentions that FiOS is successful and Verizon cannot roll it out fast enough. It adds that the Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) features Verizon...
- Verizon Adds FiOS Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the claim by Verizon Communications that it added 180,000 video subscribers to its fiber optic services (FiOS) television (TV) platform in the first quarter of 2012 ending March 31.
- hot of the press. // Lightwave;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p15
Reports on the installation of fiber optic cables and electronic equipment by Verizon in the Erie and Niagara counties in New York in 2001. Amount to be invested by the company to install air-pressure technology on underground cable systems.
- Verizon: FiOS on fiber path to success. // Wire Journal International;Nov2008, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on the report by Saul Hansell in "The New York Times" regarding the functionality of the Fiber Optic Service (FiOS) offered by Verizon. It states that FiOS aims to offer optical fiber service to customers but there was a consensus that the copper wires used by telephone...
- VERIZON'S FTTP 'MOVIN' ON UP' TO TACKLE TOUGH MDU MARKET. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;9/5/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p10
Reports that Verizon Communications is working with its equipment suppliers to bring its fiber optic and fiber-to-the-premises services (FiOS and FTTP) to multidwelling units (MDU) in the U.S. Use of optical network terminals in single-family homes; Requirement of negotiation with the building's...