- Guarding Nextel's niche. Chen, Christine Y. // Fortune;9/29/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p133
Major blackouts can be major headaches for people, but for Nextel Communications such problems mean opportunity. Long the mobile service of choice for construction workers and cabbies, who rely on Nextel's Direct Connect--a walkie-talkie service that allows immediate contact among multiple...
- Direct Connect Going Nation Wide. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will launch its key differentiating service called Direct Connect throughout the U.S.. Implications of the rollout of the service to competitors; Phases of the launch; Initial markets that will offer the service; Challenges faced by the company.
- Cordless Phone Market Poised For Growth in '01. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/07/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p26
Presents a forecast on the cordless telephone sector of the electronic telecommunications industry for 2001. Total cordless equipment sales from 1997-2000; Unit share by frequency; Average price.
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;12/20/1982, Vol. 58 Issue 44, p31
The article focuses on cordless phones in the U.S. It is said that those who owned car phones are the most conspicuous communicators jabbering and gesticulating as they cruised the freeways. People all over town are said to be using cordless telephone while they roam around pool areas, lawns and...
- The Value of Demand Forecasts. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;12/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p18
Discusses the significance of forecasting customer demand in the wireless communications industry. Rise of stakes in wireless industry; Status of the wireless industry; Evolution of the use of wireless phones.
- Analyze This. Clark, Christopher // Wireless Review;10/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p16
Focuses on the growth of global wireless subscribers. Gains in wireless telephones; Penetration rates and landline replacement; Growth of wireless subscribers in the United States between 1997 and 1998. INSET: Cause & Effect.
- Tech talk. // Management Today;May2003, p39
Presents information about picture messaging through wireless communication system. Significance of the 'off' button in wireless telephones.
- UK mobile market update. // Utility Week;6/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p15
Presents an update on the mobile market in Great Britain as of June 2003. Percentage of households that own at least one mobile phone; Proportion of subscribers using prepay packages; Average call volumes per subscriber.
- The Insider. Gubbins, Ed // Wireless Review;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p36
Presents an article on managing telecommunication tower assets for Nextel and transfering to SpectraSite. Relationship with Nextel; Overview of the relationship of wireless communication carriers with tower companies.