Decision Rules and Portfolio Management for Retirees: Is the 'Safe' Initial Withdrawal Rate Too Safe?
- Quest for inflation--beating returns. Armstrong, Patrick // Fund Strategy;3/14/2011, p22
The article presents various ways in attaining competitive advantage over inflation. It focuses on the need for investors to be nimble and diversified and should allocate to assets and strategies with the ability to produce returns in an environment with recurring inflation. It mentions several...
- Pros and cons of separately managed accounts. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;4/22/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of separately managed accounts. Control of one's finances; Savings on taxes; Investment preferences; Lack of attention given to small investors; Fees; Investment advice.
- Spread the risk. Bekiaris, Maria // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2004, Issue 10, p82
Recommends the concept of multi-manager funds for better investment results. Benefit of multi-manager funds; Risk associated with the outcome of different financial management styles; Cost analysis of multi-manager fund.
- Vanguard Diehards Know the Secret. Stevens, Sue // Morningstar Practical Finance;Aug2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses how to handle and structure personal finances in the U.S. According to the author, asset allocation, rebalancing, common sense and psychology are simple approaches to successfully structure portfolio, however, less rebalancing is a good measure which helps lessen...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p33
This article presents the result of the survey conducted by the periodical on various financial planning issues in the U.S. A statistics reveal that majority of financial planning practitioners failed to take formal steps to determine the value of their practice. Majority of consumers believe...
- CLERP changes passed. Evans, Rebecca // Money Management;7/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the approval of the Australian federal government's CLERP 9 reforms. Impact of the financial policy reforms on corporate governance in the country; Types of provisions that the reforms affected.
- Short and sweet is not to all tastes. Hirst, Tomas // Fund Strategy;3/14/2011, p43
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of bringing the short-dated funds to the retail market in Great Britain. It mentions that the main advantage of the strategy is prolonging the low-interest-rate environment investors aiming to beat the returns on cash, leading to low-risk short...
- A fool and his money soon part. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Cleveland;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p110
The article assesses the reasons why business executives are not good in managing their own money. According to the author, executives are mediocre investment advisers to themselves because they need to focus on running their organizations. He stresses that although executives are good at making...
- Super booster. Laurence, Michael // BRW;3/2/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p74
The article discusses the business strategy of borrowing created for self-employed business operators who want to make the largest deductible annual contributions permitted under tax law in their final years before retirement, but plainly do not have the ready cash. Financial planners and...