The Simplicity and Complexity of Branding
- Starbucks sets a new level. Ritchie,, Hal // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p156
Discusses the important role of standards in the success of some United States brands including Starbucks, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, and Union Street. Consistency, dependability and quality; Commitment; Patron's expectations; Impact of branding on every area of operation; Quality assurance...
- How to define your brand and determine its value. Haigh, David; Knowles, Jonathan // Marketing Management;May/Jun2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p22
This article discusses the definitions of brand and its importance in generating and sustaining the financial performance of businesses. A brand is a logo and associated visual elements. This definition focuses on the legally protectable visual elements used to differentiate and stimulate...
- Survey: Time for Brand Names to Get Real. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;9/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 31, p6
Reports on a survey of the branding trend in the marketing industry as of September 2002. Popularity of the trend toward real names; Preference for compound names and legal names; Confusion of branding experts about the origin of famous brand names.
- Leno Brands Versus Letterman Brands. Hanft, Adam // Inc.;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p96
Explains that notions of iconic and ironic branding in the U.S. that divides the consumers. Samples of iconic brands; Samples of ironic brands; Strategy of marketers.
- Licensing Bridges Troubled Economic Waters. Facenda, Vanessa L. // Retail Merchandiser;Aug2003, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p32
Presents information on the International Licensing Show 2003 in the U.S. Performance of the licensing industry in 2002; Information on entertainment licensing; Revenues of the corporate/trademark licensing sector in 2002.
- Store brand management and channel dependence: A model from the manufacturer's perspective. Rubio, Natalia; Yagüe, María Jesús // Journal of Brand Management;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p272
The extensive number of manufacturer brands that exist on the market and the restricted number of brands that are successfully marketed on the shelves cause many producers to manufacture store brand as a way to remain in or enter a channel. Many of the producers who have made this decision have...
- Systems constellations: A better way to identify branding opportunities? Jurg, Wim; Bloemer, Josée; Doorewaard, Hans; Peelen, Ed; Simons, Ruud // Journal of Brand Management;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p239
Building strong brands has become one of the main marketing priorities for brand-supportive companies. The leading positivist paradigm in marketing may not be, however, the most-effective perspective in identifying branding opportunities. This paper offers an alternative phenomenological point...
- ï¿½Local Peopleï¿½ a critical dimension for place brands. Freire, Jo�o Ricardo // Journal of Brand Management;Jun2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p420
Branding has become one of the most powerful tools in marketing strategy and its application has reach undreamed of areas. There has been a general agreement among academics and practitioners that places can be branded in the same way as consumer goods and services. Place branding is, however, a...
- Going cold turkey on price promotions. Benady, David // Marketing (00253650);9/14/2011, p26
The article focuses on the importance of creating more marketing strategy to deal with the crisis on protecting brands and product quality against discounted goods. It says that brands are offering ever higher discounts to guarantee their volume sales increase in greater than the 2011 record. It...