- Stay Competitive. Ellis, Rebecca // Advisor Today;Jan2006, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p54
The article presents information on the Financial Services Specialist (FSS) coursework. The FSS curriculum focuses on sales skills and technical knowledge specifically for financial-services professionals. The curriculum is timely, considering the current dynamics of the U.S. financial planning...
- To fee or not to fee: Pricing policies in financial counseling. Mazzoli, Camilla; Nicolin, Gianni // Financial Services Review;Winter2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p307
Pricing represents a key variable in the financial advisory industry. For this reason we investigate the possibility of identifying the type of advisory provided by making use of the pricing policy that advisors adopt in the United States and Italy. The prevalence of 'opaque' forms of...
- The Rest of the Story. Wagner, Dick // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
The article comments on financial planning as a profession. The author reminisces about the years he has been in financial planning. He admits that when he entered the profession, he was mainly just trying to understand the financial planning profession and his life with it. He relates how a...
- Bruised but not beaten. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the performance of the financial services industry of Australia in the year 2008. He claims that 2008 has been a landmark year not only for the industry but for the global financial services sector as well. He says that this is the year when the biggest names in...
- FSC points to TASA disadvantage for planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the disadvantages of the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA) to financial planners according to Financial Services Council (FSC).
- Intra-fund advice no threat to planners: Shorten. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the assurance of Bill Shorten, Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, that the intra-fund advice services is no threat to financial planners in Australia as they cannot sabotage the businesses of planners.
- Scandals Spark New and Renewed Fund Disclosure. Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;9/29/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p3
Looks at how U.S. fund advisors addressed scandals involving prospectus disclosures in 2003. Lord Abbett & Co.; Phoenix Investment Partners; American Century Investments; Matthews International Capital Management.
- Taking a professional approach. // Money Management;1/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the importance of getting financial services reform for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia in 2006. According to Corinna Dieters, chairman of FPA, the move for financial planning to achieve recognition as a profession will continue. She praises the work...
- Broadening Your Services. Bossaert, Pierre // Accounting Technology;Oct2005 Supplement 2, Vol. 21, p20
Focuses on the broadening services of certified public accountants (CPA). Impetus to the expanded service; Importance of planning software and strong practice management for the goals of CPA; Factors to be considered in looking for financial planning applications.