Twelve Months, Three Acts
- Stumbling on Happiness. HERBERS, ANGIE // Investment Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p103
The article focuses on the need for independent advisory firms to determine and provide the things that will make the employees happy. The things that will make employees happy include money, partnership in the firm, and more time off. The author also discusses the importance for the firms to...
- Wealth Today promises coaching, profits. // Money Management;3/24/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the pledge of Wealth Today in committing to the evolution of mortgage broking to a full financial services profession by coaching and mentoring services for newcomers to financial planning.
- Setting the Global Standard for Financial Planners. Matthews, Phillip // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the Certified Financial Planner, the standards for those in the financial planning industry in New Zealand. Educational requirements for members of the Financial Planners and Insurance Advisers Association; Examination to pass; Code of ethics; Experience through mentorship.
- Onboarding New Advisors. Atkinson, William // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p55
The article discusses how U.S. financial planning companies can make young associates as productive as possible. It highlights the importance of in-house training and mentoring by senior colleagues. It also discusses career path, Certified Financial Planner certificates, technical skills, career...
- Plan for today, tomorrow and the future. Harriman, Philip E. // Senior Market Advisor;May2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p52
The article discusses the Million Dollar Round Table's (MDRT) mentor program and succession planning tools for its members. It stresses the need for financial professionals to prepare a succession plan for their retirement in order that their clients' financial portfolio are looked after. MDRT...
- To fee or not to fee: Pricing policies in financial counseling. Mazzoli, Camilla; Nicolin, Gianni // Financial Services Review;Winter2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p307
Pricing represents a key variable in the financial advisory industry. For this reason we investigate the possibility of identifying the type of advisory provided by making use of the pricing policy that advisors adopt in the United States and Italy. The prevalence of 'opaque' forms of...
- The Rest of the Story. Wagner, Dick // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
The article comments on financial planning as a profession. The author reminisces about the years he has been in financial planning. He admits that when he entered the profession, he was mainly just trying to understand the financial planning profession and his life with it. He relates how a...
- Bruised but not beaten. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the performance of the financial services industry of Australia in the year 2008. He claims that 2008 has been a landmark year not only for the industry but for the global financial services sector as well. He says that this is the year when the biggest names in...
- FSC points to TASA disadvantage for planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the disadvantages of the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA) to financial planners according to Financial Services Council (FSC).