10 Questions with...Alexandra Armstrong, CFPÂ® on 'Firsts,' Financial Planning's Future, and the Fain Award
- In Good Times . . . and Bad. Thompson, Christine J.; Papp, Rosellen C.; McMahon, Brian // On Wall Street;Apr2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p102
Discusses the approaches of some leading fund managers to tax-efficient investing and the funds they manage. Fidelity Advisor Municipal Income Fund; Pioneer Papp America-Pacific Rim Fund; Thornburg Investment Income Builder Fund.
- Independent's Day. Korn, Donald Jay // On Wall Street;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p4
Forecasts a good business for independent registered investment advisers (RIA) as of September 2005. Definition of independent RIA; Rate of the increase of registered advisers in the U.S. since 2002; Percentage of the RIA registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that are not...
- Bruised but not beaten. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p12
The author reflects on the performance of the financial services industry of Australia in the year 2008. He claims that 2008 has been a landmark year not only for the industry but for the global financial services sector as well. He says that this is the year when the biggest names in...
- To fee or not to fee: Pricing policies in financial counseling. Mazzoli, Camilla; Nicolin, Gianni // Financial Services Review;Winter2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p307
Pricing represents a key variable in the financial advisory industry. For this reason we investigate the possibility of identifying the type of advisory provided by making use of the pricing policy that advisors adopt in the United States and Italy. The prevalence of 'opaque' forms of...
- The Rest of the Story. Wagner, Dick // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
The article comments on financial planning as a profession. The author reminisces about the years he has been in financial planning. He admits that when he entered the profession, he was mainly just trying to understand the financial planning profession and his life with it. He relates how a...
- FSC points to TASA disadvantage for planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;4/25/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the disadvantages of the Tax Agent Services Act (TASA) to financial planners according to Financial Services Council (FSC).
- Intra-fund advice no threat to planners: Shorten. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;4/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the assurance of Bill Shorten, Assistant Treasurer and Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, that the intra-fund advice services is no threat to financial planners in Australia as they cannot sabotage the businesses of planners.
- 25-30% Growth is 'Doable,' Fidelity Says. // Research;Feb2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the growth of independent stock brokers helped by Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services in the U.S. The company has assisted brokers who have changed to independent in 2009 including those who started a registered investment advisor (RIA) firms, joining an existing RIA...
- Planner, Concierge…. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p29
The article focuses on the extra services provided by financial planners and stockbrokers in the U.S. An article form the "St. Petersburg Times" reported how financial planners and stockbrokers provide advice in areas not exactly covered in the Certified Financial Planners course work. It was...