MBIA Expects Drop in Adjusted Direct Premiums
- Double-A GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31874, p49
Reports on the ratings given to general obligation bonds of MBIA Insurance Corp. by several rating agencies in Hawaii. Ability of the state to maintain its strong bond ratings; Influence of the bond ratings to the continued improvement in all sectors of the economy.
- Fitch affirms MBIA's AAA. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p29
Reports on the rating given to the bonds of the MBIA Insurance Corp. Reasons for the rating given to the company.
- S&P Adds Claims-Paying, Liquidity Analysis to Annual Reports. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p7
Standard & Poor's Corp., the bond rating agency has publicized an analysis on the claims-paying ability and liquidity of bond insurers in its annual reports, the agency announced this week. In a prepared statement released earlier this week, Standard & Poor's said that â€œ cash availability...
- Puerto Rico Stays With MBIA. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. has insured a portion of Puerto Rico's $1 billion June 2008 bond refunding deal despite being downgraded by Moody's Investors Service to A2 with a negative outlook from its previous triple-A rating. The government of Puerto Rico is slated to sell...
- Fitch Refuses to Withdraw Rating On MBIA, Citing Use of Public Data. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32842, p7
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. has decided to withdraw the insurer financial strength rating for MBIA Insurance Corp., and emphasized its ability to keep an accurate credit view of MBIA. Fitch's decision to continue rating MBIA was based in part on discussions of Fitch...
- $425 Million Issue. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p31
Focuses on plans of Hawaii to sell general obligation bonds on August 21, 2003. Ratings of the bonds; Factors underlying the bonds ratings.
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p29
Presents a chart depicting changes in bond ratings in the United States as of January 12, 2001. Issuer; Amount; Rating change; Name; Comments.
- State and Local Government Series Rates. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p39
Presents information on the U.S. bond market statistics related to state and local government series rates of bonds as of December 28, 2001.
- Market Indicators . // Bond Buyer;2/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31318, p33
Presents a chart providing information on the statistics of the U.S. bond market regarding market indicators as of February 5, 2002. Municipal Bond Index ratings; New-issue sales; Long-term Bond sales.