District of Columbia's Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill Gets Congressional OK
- Historical Sketch of the Budget Bill in Congress. Wallace Collins, Charles // Congressional Digest;Nov22, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p37
Discusses the history of the movement for a national budget system in the United States. First bills for the actual establishment of a national budget system; Introduction in the House of a bill providing for a national budget system; Changes in the Senate rules to conform to the budget system.
- There's Always Room for Pork. Freddoso, David // Human Events;12/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 43, p3
Presents a list of pork barrel projects contained in the U.S. omnibus spending bill passed by the U.S. Congress in December 2003. National Distance Running Hall of Fame in Utica, New York; Canal Museum in Easton, Pennsylvania; Kids Rock free educational program in Corona, California.
- House Continues Spending Bill Work. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;7/10/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p2182
Presents an update on the status of fiscal 2005 appropriations bills in the U.S. Congress as of July 2004. Total number of bills approved in the Congress.
- Congress finally wraps '07. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;12/20/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 149, p1
The article reports on the move by the U.S. Congress to approve a $555 billion spending package with $70 billion for war funding. The $70 billion funding is part of a comprehensive spending measure to close legislative business and send lawmakers home for the year. Democrats and other war-policy...
- Congress continues appropriations process. Barstow, Scott; Campbell, Christopher; Atlee, Peter // Counseling Today;Nov2007, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Congress to approve one of the 12 annual appropriations bills in the U.S. These appropriations bills are needed to keep the government operating in the next fiscal year. Because of the tendency of the Congress to regularly fail to meet the deadline,...
- House Committee OKs Budgets for Transportation, HUD, D.C. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32398, p5
The article reports that the United States Congress would provide 39.1 billion dollars for highway construction, 15.8 billion dollars for the Section 8 rental housing voucher program and 575 million dollars for the District of Columbia under a 67.8 billion spending bill. The bill was approved by...
- At Budget Impasse, House Crafts Stopgap Measures. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p5
Reports that the U.S. House has approved stopgap legislation that would fund government agencies and programs. Provisions of the temporary bill; Citation of needed work for the bill to be fully approved.
- CALIFORNIA: Senate Heightens Scrutiny. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32855, p9
The article reports on the initiative of the U.S. Senate Appropriation Committee to undertake additional scrutiny of spending bills with general fund of $50,000 or more in California. The state will have difficulty in justifying the bills due to large budget deficit. Furthermore, the bills are...
- Clock Is Ticking on Spending Bill CR. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;11/12/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p3544
Reports on the approval of conference reports on appropriations bills for fiscal 2006 to be signed by U.S. President George W. Bush in November 2005. Conference reports on bills that have been approved by the House on November 9, 2005; Issues that affected the approval of the...