Nevada's Clark County Schools Set to Sell $450 Million in GOs Tomorrow
- Nevada School District Hopes to Be Next to Catch Refunding Wave. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p28
Reports that the Washoe County, Nevada, School District expects to competitively sell approximately $22.8 million in limited tax general obligation bonds on September 8, 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on school districts and the bond...
- California's San Ramon School District to Sell $100M. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p39
Reports on the plan of San Ramon Valley Unified School District in northern California to bring $100 million of general obligation bonds to market in October 13, 2004. Impact of rising construction costs and possibly high interest rates in the future; Rating of the deal; Bond counsel.
- School Bond Bonanza. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p31
The article reports that several school districts in the state of Washington are seeking voter authorization for a combined total of nearly $400 million in debt during local elections on March 14, 2006. Some of the districts that made the requests include Highline School District, Bellingham...
- Texas' Northside School District to Hit Market With $131M Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p6
The article reports on the efforts of the Texas' Northside Independent School District in going into market on March 8, 2007 with $131.2 million of building and refunding bonds. It highlights that the bond will mature from 2009 to 2037 and carry a triple-A ratings. Furthermore, in May, the...
- Texas' North East Independent School District Selling $149M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p3
Reports that Bexar County, Texas-based North East Independent School District will go to market in August 2005 with a competitive offering of general obligation bonds worth $149 million. Proceeds will finance construction of a high school, renovations to existing facilities, technology...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p27
Focuses on developments related to municipal bonds in the Southwestern States, current as of January 26, 1999. Includes University of Arkansas' plan to sell revenue bonds to expand the Razorback Stadium; Upgraded bond rating of the Boerne Independent School District in Texas.
- San Diego USD to Sell Every Last Cent of Its '98 Authorization. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32196, p44
Reports on the move of the San Diego Unified School District to issue general obligation bonds in the bond market. Manager of the bond; Expectation for the bonds to carry insurance; Rating of Moody's Investors Service Inc. of the bond.
- Supply Surge Prompts Muni Weakness. Scarchilli, Michael; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/17/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33418, p1
The article reports on the impact of the increase in taxable bond supply on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the authors, the increase has weakened the municipal market, especially with the addition of the 950 million dollars of taxable Build America Bonds sold by the Dallas...
- Munis Firm a Bit as LAUSD Deal Prices. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33056, p2
The article reports on the stronger position of the U.S. municipal bond market as the largest new bond issue was priced in the primary on February 4, 2009. In the new-issue, Barclays Capital Inc. priced $950 million of general obligations bonds for the Los Angeles Unified School District in...