Plain-Vanilla Deals May Suffer From Weak Labor Data
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis End Off as Philly Fed Chair Downplays Effect of Payroll Report. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in municipal bond trading; Total number of new jobs in March 2005; Growth in monthly employment;
- Weak Jobs Data Triggers Rally; Munis Rise in Shortened Session. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p2
Reports that the U.S. municipal bond market finished substantially higher in October 8, 2004. Participants' move to mark up offerings and step up bids following the release of a weaker-than-expected September 2004 employment report; Concerns about the pace of future economic growth.
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- Munis, Treasuries Finish Down Despite Weak Payroll Numbers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32147, p2
Reports that municipal bond market gave up its earlier gains as treasuries succumbed to a technical correction after a breakaway rally on the back of slower-than-expected employment growth and a shift in the near-term interest rate outlook in the U.S. Decline of unemployment rate; Increase of...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; Primary Shows a Bit of Firmness. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market in the U.S., as of March 4, 2005. Treasuries gave up earlier gains as uncertainty surrounding today's employment report kept earlier enthusiasm in check. Nevertheless, the primary still indicated some firmness in the market as underwriters...
- Munis Continue to Make Gains As Treasuries Rise and Supply Shrinks. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on August 5, 2004. Gains made by municipal bonds; Employment rate; Yields of treasury bills. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, August 5.
- Volume Steady at $3.7B in Holiday-Shortened Week. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;9/4/2015, p27
This article reports that supply in the U.S. municipal bond market will remain fairly steady heading into the official end of summer 2015. Topics discussed include the entry into the market of the 750-million dollar Texas transportation offering after the Labor Day holiday on September 7, 2015,...
- Bid Side Eases in Muted Trading As Traders Eye Employment Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2, 2004. Effect of weaker treasuries and uncertainty on August employment data on the municipal bond market; Increase in non-farm payrolls; Yield on the 10-note.