THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p6
Reports on developments concerning legislative bills on municipal bonds, and state and local finance in the United States as of July 14, 2000. District of Colombia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Financial Services Act of 1999; Low-Income Housing Tax Credit...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p6
Presents a status report on legislative bills affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Housing Bond and Credit Modernization and Fairness Act of 2001; First-Time Home Ownership Made Easy Act of 2001; Eligibility of Veterans for Mortgage Revenue Bond Financing.
- Congress Considers Volume Cap, Housing Tax Credit. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p40
Reports on the United States House and Senate's plan to approve proposals to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit as part of a session-ending spending and tax package. Proposed creation of more empowerment zones and the extension of existing zones...
- New Community-Renewal Bill May Be Stripped for Parts. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;09/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30986, p5
Reports on United States Senate Finance Committee Chairman William V. Roth's introduction of a modified community-renewal bill on the Senate floor. Addition of provision that would protect public power bonds from losing their tax-exempt status; Bond provisions included in the modified bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33072, p28
The article provides updates on the status of several proposed legislation in the U.S., including HR 1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, HR 537 Water and Sewer Bonds, and HR 727 Indian School Construction Act. HR 1 was approved and signed into law on February 16, 2009 to ease tax...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p38
Presents a status report on legislative bills on taxation, and public finance in the United States as of June 25, 2001. Municipal Solid-Waste Flow Control Act; Municipal Utility Natural Gas Supply Act of 2001; Internet Tax Nondiscrimination Act.
- Congress Likely to Put QZAB Extension on Back Burner Until Fall Session. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p4
The article reports on the possibility that a U.S. congressional conference committee attempting to finalize pension reform legislation may decide to couple a "trailer" set of tax cut extensions with estate tax reform in a separate bill. A one-year extension for qualified zone academy bonds is...
- Cost of Senate Bill Muni Provisions Rise. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p4
Focuses on the municipal bond provisions in the U.S. Senate's corporate tax bill. Estimated cost of the provisions; Measures proposed to spur the issuance of industrial development bonds; Proposed repeal of the ten-year rule for single-family revenue bonds.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p6
Presents a status report on tax and housing legislations in the United States as of December 18, 2000. Proposed private-activity bond volume cap increase; Proposed provision of tax credits designed to trigger the issuance of taxable bonds to build and renovate public schools; Proposed low...