Montana's Tight Race for Governor Heating Up
- Brian Schweitzer. Fournier, Eddie // Our States: Montana;2016, p1
This article presents a biography on Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer who was elected in the 2004 elections. Details are provided on his background, family, and work in agriculture. His early political career is also mentioned, including his work on the Montana State USDA Farm Service Agency...
- A Crowded Race. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p33
Cites the Democratic and Republican candidates for governor in Montana. Republican candidates Tom Keating, Ken Miller, Pat Davison and Bob Brown; Democratic candidates Brian Schweitzer and John Vincent; Career back and achievement of each candidate.
- MONTANA. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
The article reports that Montana State Senator Roy Brown appears to be the Republicans' choice to try to unseat popular Governor Brian Schweitzer. Brown has embarked on a 50-town tour after announcing his candidacy. Although his candidacy is perceived to be difficult, state experts claim Brown...
- DGA chairman: 2010 rough for incumbents. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;11/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 136, p27
The article reports on the statement of Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer as chairman of the Democratic Governors Association (DGA) that official candidates are likely to have rough times on 2010 in the U.S.
- Spending Money. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p31
Reports that Democratic legislators are pressurizing Montana governor Judy Martz to draw up a plan for spending in extra state funds. Deadline issued by the legislators; Issues raised among the legislators.
- RACES FOR GOVERNOR: MONTANA. // American Teacher;Nov2004, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p16
Features Montana gubernatorial candidate Brian Schweitzer. Civic activities; Party affiliation; Political platform.
- Politics 2000. Gizzi, John // Human Events;12/15/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 46, p14
Deals with the November 7, 2000 election in the United States. Outcome of Bob Brown's campaign against House Speaker Hal Harper for the Montana secretary of state position; Information on the campaign of Democratic candidate Brian Schweitzer; Election of Republican Lieutenant Governor Judy Martz.
- Save Our Amtrak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/3/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32146, p39
This article presents information related to Amtrak and the railroad's Montana passenger service in Montana. Governor Brian Schweitzer held a two day "whistle stop" tour to show support for Amtrak and the railroad's Montana passenger service. Schweitzer attended rallies and town hall meetings in...
- Drug Bused. Jackson, David S. // Time;10/30/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 18, p43
Discusses the influence of prescription drug costs on the United States Senate election in Montana. Ideas about the political views of Republican incumbent Senator Conrad Burns; How Burns has only a narrow lead in the polls against Democratic challenger Brian Schweitzer, who gained popularity...