Corporate Tax Bill and Its Muni Measures Clear the House
- Cost of Senate Bill Muni Provisions Rise. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p4
Focuses on the municipal bond provisions in the U.S. Senate's corporate tax bill. Estimated cost of the provisions; Measures proposed to spur the issuance of industrial development bonds; Proposed repeal of the ten-year rule for single-family revenue bonds.
- Bevy of Bond Bills Passed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p33
The article reports on several bond-related bills approved by the Alaska Legislature. One bill would increase the bonding authority of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank. Another bill authorizes the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to issue toll revenue bonds and borrow money through the federal...
- Arkansas Eyes $1.3B For Highways. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p1
The article reports that Arkansas lawmakers will weigh in for the first time in March 2005 on proposed legislation that would allow the state highway department to issue up to $985 million of revenue bonds to finance the majority of a $1.3 billion road improvement program. According to the bill,...
- West Virginia Governor Signs $2.9B Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p5
Reports the legislation of a general revenue budget bill for fiscal 2003 including an amount for bond sales in West Virginia. Agreement of Governor Bob Wise to the bill; Allocation of the fund obtained from a video lottery project; Applicability of the funds for pay-as-you-go projects.
- Referendum Could Lead to First Alaskan GO Debt in Decades. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p3
Reports the approval of bond bills by governor Tony Knowles in Alaska. Allocation of budget for transportation and education; Commitment of the state to construction and repairs; Increase of taxation rate.
- Milwaukee Bucks Bill Signed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34360, p1
Wisconsin took the first steps Wednesday toward putting together a team for about $200 million of borrowing planned for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena as Gov. Scott Walker signed into law the project's public financing package.
- Uncertainty still blocking deals. // Finance Week;8/11/2003, Yearbook p33
Considers the implication of the Royalty Bill on negotiations among mining companies in South Africa in relation to ensuring compliance with the government's empowerment economic policy. Bill's proposal of revenue royalties within the industry; Investors' wariness about the industry implication...
- Royalty Bill universally unpopular. // Finance Week;8/11/2003, Yearbook p34
Reports on the mining industry's criticism of the proposed Royalty Bill, a legislation that will require industry members to pay revenue-based royalties to the South African government. Reason behind the criticism of the bill; Provisions of the bill; Implication of the bill on the mining industry.
- Cruel irony at heart of Royalty Bill. // Finance Week;8/11/2003, Yearbook p35
Analyzes the industrial implication of the proposed Royalty Bill that will require South African mining companies to pay revenue-based royalties. Potential of the bill to negatively impact local communities; Provisions of the legislative bill.