Weak Jobs Data Triggers Rally; Munis Rise in Shortened Session
- Plain-Vanilla Deals May Suffer From Weak Labor Data. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p36
Discusses the possible impact of weaker-than-expected employment data on demand for new issues and upcoming deals in the U.S. bond market during the week beginning October 12, 2004. Less retail participation in generic, plain-vanilla new issues; Weaker non-farm payrolls in September 2004;...
- Yield Indexes End Lower After Weak Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p4
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Weakness in the employment report in the country; Stability of light issuance and arbitrage selling; Increase in the municipal bond yields.
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis End Off as Philly Fed Chair Downplays Effect of Payroll Report. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in municipal bond trading; Total number of new jobs in March 2005; Growth in monthly employment;
- Munis weaken Yet Again as Focus Is Mainly on $1.7B California Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p2
Municipal bonds reduced for the fourth straight session on June 19, 2003 while the focus of market participants remained firmly on new issues, particularly the pricing of $1.7 billion of California general obligation bonds. Treasuries were mostly higher, firming when the June Philadelphia...
- Yields Up One to Two Basis Points; Governments Fall Early in Session. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Provides an overview of trading in the bond market of the U.S. on September 11, 2003. Rise in yields on municipal bonds; Views of market experts on various economic indicators released by departments of the federal government; Information about some bond deals that were traded in the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 1. // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p34
Presents information on the statistics of the U.S. bond market regarding market indicators as of February 21, 2002. Municipal bond index ratings; Several categories of bonds that are rated.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, March 15. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p2
Presents charts showing municipal bond trading highlights in the United States on March 15, 2000. Includes increase in the prices of government securities; Growth of the Municipal Bond Index; Decline of the 30-day visible supply; Economic indicators.