Weak Jobs Data Triggers Rally; Munis Rise in Shortened Session
- Plain-Vanilla Deals May Suffer From Weak Labor Data. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p36
Discusses the possible impact of weaker-than-expected employment data on demand for new issues and upcoming deals in the U.S. bond market during the week beginning October 12, 2004. Less retail participation in generic, plain-vanilla new issues; Weaker non-farm payrolls in September 2004;...
- Yield Indexes End Lower After Weak Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p4
Reports on the decline in the municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Weakness in the employment report in the country; Stability of light issuance and arbitrage selling; Increase in the municipal bond yields.
- Municipals Finish Down as Treasuries Fail to Maintain Positive Momentum. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Failure of the Treasuries to sustain their positive momentum after June employment growth; Escalation of non-farm payroll; Concern of the municipal bond market participants about their ability to distribute new issues given a...
- Munis End Off as Philly Fed Chair Downplays Effect of Payroll Report. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32107, p2
Reports developments in the U.S. bond market. Decline in municipal bond trading; Total number of new jobs in March 2005; Growth in monthly employment;
- Yields Up One to Two Basis Points; Governments Fall Early in Session. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Provides an overview of trading in the bond market of the U.S. on September 11, 2003. Rise in yields on municipal bonds; Views of market experts on various economic indicators released by departments of the federal government; Information about some bond deals that were traded in the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 1. // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p34
Presents information on the statistics of the U.S. bond market regarding market indicators as of February 21, 2002. Municipal bond index ratings; Several categories of bonds that are rated.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, July 5. // Bond Buyer;07/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30926, p2
Presents data on the municipal bond market in the United States compiled on July 5, 2000. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Bond index; Futures; Visible supply.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 8. // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p2
Presents economic indicators and municipal bond market data in the United States as of August 8, 2000. Non-farm productivity; Government securities prices.