Count the Ways
- Also of interest. Brotherton, Phaedra // HRMagazine;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p124
Presents human resource-related books. `1001 Ways to Energize Employees,' by Bob Nelson; `The Colorblind Career: What Every African American, Hispanic American, and Asian American Needs to Succeed in Today's Tough Job Market,' by Ollie Stevenson; `301 Ways to Have Fun at Work,' by Dave Hemsath...
- Book review. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p11
Reviews the book `301 Ways to Have Fun at Work,' by Dave Hemsath and Leslie Yerkes.
- Lighten up. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Sep97, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p45
Features the book `301 Ways to Have Fun at Work,' by Dave Hemsath and Leslie Yerkes. Making fun of work using game formats; Effect on employee reaction to training, discussion and work interactions.
- BOOKMARKED. // Credit Union Management;Sep2003, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p24
Recommends that book 'The 1001 Rewards and Recognition Fieldbook' for credit unions planning to implement a rewards or recognition program.
- He Wrote the Book on Recognition. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Sep2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p35
Reviews the book 'The 1001 Rewards & Recognition Fieldbook,' by Bob Nelson and Dean Spitzer.
- Great expectations. Schultz, Erich // Supervision;Jan99, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p10
Looks at several factors which help motivate employee performance. Communication problems in human resource development; Evaluation on the duties and responsibilities of employees; Employee contracts.
- Money is No. 8! Wiesner, Pat // ColoradoBiz;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p11
Highlights the factors motivating employees in their jobs. Importance of recognition; Suggestions for helping a company grow; Characteristics of a leader.
- HRM Configurations, KSAs, Motivation, and Knowledge Creation: A Multilevel Model. ZHAO, ZHENG JANE; GUTHRIE, JAMES P.; LIAO, HUI // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2009, p1
the article reports on research which was conducted to investigate the manner in which human resource management practices enable and motivate knowledge creation in industry at both individual and collective levels. Researchers found that various human resource management practices may have...
- PERFORMANCE PAYS OFF. Remmen, Doreen // Strategic Finance;Mar2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p27
The article focuses on NYF Corp.'s effective employee motivation program that utilizes workplace teams and gainsharing in increasing creativity and efficiency. It states that empowerment encourages people to work and promotes initiative and innovation, decision making, and sales growth. It...