- Wal-Mart initiatives to drive bottom line, shopper satisfaction. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;9/25/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the announcements made by Eduardo Castro-Wright, president and CEO of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., concerning the company's expectations of an improved financial performance during an investor conference held in New York. Castro-Wright has described to attendees that a broad...
- See for Yourself: Wal-Mart Is Back on Track. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;6/25/2012, p11
The article reports on the financial performance and business strategies of Wal-Mart Stores.
- AT WAL-MART, "LESS IS MORE". // Global Retail News;Nov2015, Vol. 16 Issue 168, p7
The article reports that retail company Wal-Mart Stores Inc. streamlines its U.S. operations as part of an effort to improve its profitability, providing information on its financial performance.
- DESPITE SALES GAINS, STOCK PRICES CONTINUE TO LAG. // DSN Retailing Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p24
Reports on the financial performance of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for the year 2004 in the U.S. Profits of the company; Totality of the company's sales; Percentage increase in the company's earnings.
- WAL-MART TO END WEEKLY SALES UPDATES. // DSN Retailing Today;9/12/2005 Supplement, p10
Focuses on the implications of the weekly sales updates for the financial performance of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Arkansas. Changes on the business' full-year earnings-per-share; Elimination of the weekly sales updates; Increase in the amount of information shared with financial analysts.
- Wal-Mart Heady on Holiday. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;11/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p2
The article presents information on Wal-Mart's financial performance predictions for the fourth quarter of 2004. Jay Fitzsimmons, vice president of the company, said the company is seeing a relatively rational retail environment. There's no retailer trying to put themselves out of business by...
- Wal-Mart Details Its Sustainability Efforts. // Official Board Markets;11/24/2007, Vol. 83 Issue 47, p3
The article offers information on the comprehensive report released by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S. The report provides a brief discussion as well as highlights the initiative and sustainable programs used by the company in health care, diversity, sourcing and environmental developments....
- Wal-Mart bids Auf Wiedersehen, ends nine-year grind in Germany. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;8/7/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the global operations and approach to acquisitions of retail company Wal-Mart Stores Inc. The decision of the company to sell its 85 stores to German retailer Metro AG will result in a pretax loss during the second quarter of 2006. The company is focused on achieving...
- WAL-MART REJIGGERS EDLP TO DELIVER MORE ROI. // Retailing Today;6/18/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p55
The article focuses on the mid-year shareholders report of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S. The report indicated that Mal-Wart will open fewer supercenters as opposed to the earlier announcement of about 265 to 270 planned openings. Wal-Mart Stores Division President and CEO Eduardo...