- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/18/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p20
The article presents statistical information on first quarter 2005 all private equity fundraising by state/region on April 11, 2005, in the United States. Goldman Sachs & Co. raised an $8.5 billion private equity fund, the longest ever. While several bulge-bracket firms have divested themselves...
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/18/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p21
The article presents statistical information on monthly global M&A volume as of April 11, 2005. Global M&A activity from January 1, 2005 to April 11, 2005, is 7,785 deals. Global M&A activity from January 1, 2004, to April 11, 2005, is 8,833 deals. It also provides information on global target...
- PE Fundraising Remains Strong. K. H. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;74/21/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p12
This article reports on the stability of fundraising activity in the private equity industry in spite of the credit crunch in 2008. According to data from Preqin, a total of $165.5 billion was raised by investment firms in the first quarter. The company also found that $82 billion of capital...
- PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 48, p18
The article presents information about private equity fundraising in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004. The total funds raised in the as of December 6, 2004 has been 26,911.7 million dollars. U.S. fundraising has been $5,572.6 m and $14,945.2 m for venture capital funds and buyout/mezzanine...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/6/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 47, p18
This article presents information on the private equity fundraising by various states and regions in the U.S. The State region of New York Tri-Sate raised an amount of $ 6,894.9 million and had an average of 299.8. The region of New England raised an amount of $5,306.1 million and had an average...
- Banks Flock to South Korea, But Not PE. Hamerman, Joshua // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/21/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 20, p6
The article reports that U.S. investment banks express their enthusiasm to enter the asset management industry in South Korea, in contrast to the lack of enthusiasm from U.S. private equity firms. Goldman Sachs will purchase Seoul, South Korea-based Macquarie-IMM Investment Management. JPMorgan...
- Split Sought. // Crain's New York Business;03/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p34
Reports on Ogden Corp.'s hiring of Goldman Sachs & Co. to assist in separating the company's power-producing business and entertainment and aviation services unit.
- Report: Goldman to Help in ResCap Sale. // American Banker;3/15/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses a report in the "New York Post" newspaper that GMAC Inc. has hired Goldman Sachs Group Inc. to assist in the sale of Residential Capital, a mortgage loan subsidiary.
- Samsung hires Goldman Sachs. // Chemical Week;6/10/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 22, p5
Reveals that Samsung has hired Goldman Sachs to advise on the sale of its chemical assets. Companies interested in the chemical businesses of Samsung.