- A Knowledge-based View of IPO Success: Superior Knowledge, Isolating Mechanisms, and the Creation of Market Value. Bach, Seung B.; Judge, William Q.; Dean, Thomas J. // Journal of Managerial Issues;Winter2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p507
Initial public offerings (IPOs) are theoretically-interesting and economically-important organizational events. Unfortunately, there is little agreement by organizational scholars about what determines IPO success. Using the knowledge-based view of the firm, we frame the IPO as a culminating...
- DESEMPEÃ‘O OPERACIONAL POSTERIOR A LA OFERTA PÃšBLICA INICIAL DE ACCIONES DE LAS EMPRESAS CHILENAS. González, Marcelo; Farías, Pablo // Trimestre EconÃ³mico;jul-sep2009, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p751
In general, the international empirical evidence has documented that the no firms experiences a poor financial and operating performance. Despite international evidence, Chilean IPO firms have not shown a poor financial performance (e.g., Aggarwal et al, 1993; Celis and Maturana, 1998). With...
- Earnings Management and Stock Performance of Reverse Leveraged Buyouts. De-Wai Chou; Gombola, Michael; Feng-Ying Liu // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p407
This study provides further evidence of earnings management around security offerings. We find positive and significant discretionary current accruals coincident with offerings of reverse LBOs. Issuers in the most aggressive quartile of earnings management have a one-year aftermarket return that...
- Aftermarket Performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/2/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p16
Presents information about financial performance of initial public offerings in the U.S. as of June 2, 2003. Performance of recent stock offerings.
- Aftermarket Performance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p18
Presents information about financial performance of initial public offerings in the U.S. as of May 26, 2003. Performance of stock offerings.
- Against The Grain: Short Take on the Burger Wars. GREENBERG, HERB // Fortune;10/27/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p314
Presents financial analysis of several listed companies. Increase in the stock prices of CKE Restaurants Inc.; Evaluation of $110 million public offering by Beringer Wine Estates Holdings Inc.; Excess valuation of Dell Computer Corp.'s stock.
- The Relationship between Board Characteristics and Financial Performance: An Empirical Study of United States Initial Public Offerings. Hsueh-En Hsu // International Journal of Management;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p332
This study investigates the relationship between board characteristics and financial performance for 223 U.S. firms making initial public offerings from 2000 to 2002. Board characteristics include board independence(i.e., outsiders-dominated boards), board quality(i.e., board expertise and...
- HOW TO COMPETE AND HOW TO COMPETE PROFITABLY: A MODEL OF COMPETITIVE POSITIONS AND BUSINESS PERFORMANCE. Safón, Vicente // Global Journal of Business Research (GJBR);2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p47
Competitive strategy still lacks a widely accepted analytical framework. Indeed, to this day, there is still no consensus on its key dimensions and types, and their relationship with performance. This paper proposes a new framework for the study of competitive strategy, which divides the topic...
- AN APPROACH TO IDENTIFY UNDERVALUED COMPANIES. Vatti, Raja R. // Proceedings for the Northeast Region Decision Sciences Institute;2008, p242
In the process of portfolio selection, investment analysts take mainly two approaches. One is a technical approach which concentrates on historical patterns in the price behavior of a stock. The other is a fundamental evaluation of the historical financial performance and the future prospects of...