JP Morgan's Summit Coup
- The J. P. Morgan Defense. // New Republic;5/13/36, Vol. 87 Issue 1119, p6
Focuses on the memorandum prepared by J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc., in reply to allegations laid on the company in the report of the U.S. Senate Munitions Committee. Denial of the thesis that American loans to, and trade with, the Allies were the chief factors in bringing the United States into the...
- IDD OutTakes. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p5
Reports developments on banks and banking. Terms of the agreement signed between JPMorgan company and the investors of WorldCom Inc.; Efforts of Jefferies and Co. to hire several investments bankers in New York City; Appointment of Jorge Calderon, head of the new global financial institutions...
- J.P. Morgan to post lower 4Q profits due to restructuring, anemic trading. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;12/10/98, Vol. 163 Issue 235, p1
Focuses on J.P. Morgan & Co.'s announcement that fourth-quarter 1998 profits would be sharply lower than expected. Asset-banking firm's weak results in proprietary activities; Pretax restructuring charge of $100 million; Losses from a hedging positions; Equity investments; Decision to eliminate...
- Patience pays off in Latin America. Zuckerman, Sam // U.S. Banker;Apr97, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on how American banks J.P. Morgan and Citicorp's patient efforts in the Latin American market have had positive results for both firms. Stormy history of United States banks in Latin America; Morgan's pioneering of the securitization and trading of debt during the Latin American debt...
- Latin America Makes the Best of 2000. Gregorio, Cesaltine // Bank Loan Report;01/15/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the stability of the bank loan market in Latin America in 2000. Amount of bank loans arranged by JP Morgan; Loans which attracted the most attention; Industries that accounted for most of the loan volume.
- Bank Market Saved By Relative Value? Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;7/07/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the relative value structure promoted by bank lender JP Morgan. Pricing mechanism; Benefit of the structure to credit card providers; Flexibility of the structure.
- Branch opening. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p18
Reports that J.P. Morgan & Co. has opened its first Chinese bank in Beijing. Approval of the company's second bank in Shangai.
- HY Rankings Show Double The Fun. // Bank Loan Report;7/14/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the performance of U.S. high yield markets in the first half of 2003. Percentage of the new issues that were rated triple-C; Number of deals made by JP Morgan; Total underwriting volume.
- Morgan reaches for the masses. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;05/08/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p39
Reports on the initiatives undertaken by banker J.P. Morgan & Co. to use technology to expand beyond its traditional customer base. Establishment of Morgan Online, an Internet start-up; Creation of unit, LabMorgan that will invest in startups; Technology investments.