Barneys' Dea Stuck on the Block?
- Barneys Profits Gain, Socol Reups. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/23/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 110, p12
Reports on the earnings of Barneys New York Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. Income posted by the company; Information on a deal signed by investment firms Whippoorwill Associates and Bay Harbour Management that bailed Barneys from bankruptcy; Plan of Barneys to open cooperative stores...
- Financial Firms in Lead as Barneys
Bidding Enters 2nd Round. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 66, p1
Reports on the sale of Barneys New York by owners Whippoorwill Associates Inc. and Bay Harbour Management. Designation of Peter J. Solomon Co. and Morgan Stanley as financial advisers of the firm; Plan of financial buyers to bid down the price of the company; Statistics on the profit of the...
- Barney Looking Better in Tough Times. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the luxury specialty chain, Barneys New York's financial performance for the fiscal year ended February 1, 2003. Net income; Increase in operating earnings; Comparable-store sales.
- Unwelcome Pressure On Analysts Continues. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/11/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 39, p7
The article presents information on the status of development of banking organizations as reported by financial analyst. Despite all the regulatory upheaval in the equity research industry, it appears that some companies and institutional investors continue to try to pressure analysts on their...
- Shopping Heaven. Schutz, Rchard // Echo Magazine;10/29/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p36
The article reports on the launch of Barneys New York branch at Scottsdale Fashion Square in Arizona. It states that the store features its own character which is aligned with the local environment, showcasing the signature features of Barneys New York stores. It notes that the store was...
- Barneys Co-op Gets Southern Exposure. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/4/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 24, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Barneys New York to expand its clothing chains stores in the U.S. Decision of the retail company to open a store in Atlanta, Georgia; Plan of the company to open more stores in the country; Acquisition of the company by Jones Apparel Group.
- Federated Seen Eyeing Barneys. Young, Vicki M. // DNR: Daily News Record;7/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the plan of Federated Department Stores to purchase Barneys New York after it has lost out in its bid to buy Marshall Field's in 2004. Other contenders for purchasing Barneys; Information on the selling price for Barneys; Background on Barneys.
- Guessing Game Begins Over Bidders for Barneys. Moin, David; Conti, Samantha; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the planned sale of Barneys New York in 2004. Statement issued by Charles M. Jayson, president and CEO of Hong Kong-based Dickson Concepts Ltd., regarding the company's planned investment in Barneys; Background on Barneys; Potential acquirers of the company.
- Barneys Said On Block, Near Ceo Pick. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/23/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 15, p2
The article reports that luxury chain Barneys New York Inc. is said to be up for sale and has named a new chief executive officer in 2009. It relates that Barneys has an unproven expansion strategy, with its flagship openings over the last three years in the U.S. not yet gaining momentum....