Walking the ASIS Floor
- IT Leaps Out of the Box. Hodgson, Brett // New Zealand Management;Sep2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the results of a study on the security measures being taken by businesses and organizations conducted by the Unisys-sponsored Security Leadership Institute. Importance of security to corporate governance; Consequences of the lack of security measures; Factors to consider in...
- The Passion Plan at Work. Chang, Richard // Passion Plan at Work - Business Book Summaries;2002, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
In Chang's previous work, "The Passion Plan: A Step-By-Step Guide to Discovering, Developing, and Living Your Passion," he translated his experiences and the experiences of thousands of others into a practical seven-step model that individuals can use to discover their own passions and turn them...
- NASCO Working Group Identifies Security Issues. // Buildings;Mar2007, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p14
The article announces the formation of a Federal Protective Service (FPS) Working Group by the National Association of Security Cos. (NASCO). The group is intended to provide a basic practice guideline for security functionality. It will begin the task-analysis process for security guards or...
- Video surveillance technology now more affordable and versatile. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;1/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the benefits of video surveillance technology for businesses in Puerto Rico. Affordability for small and medium-sized businesses; More effective monitoring of a building; Growing demand for surveillance cameras.
- Is the security industry providing service quality? Webster, Chris // NZ Business;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p48
Discusses the importance of security systems in business enterprises. Measurement of the overall effectiveness of business security; Need to consider security upgrade; Causes of security problems.
- To be or not to be: The lowdown on ID badges. O'Connell, Tim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p59
Probes the reasons behind some company's non-mandating of the wearing of identification badge. Ensuring of employee well-being through display of badges; Influence of computer culture; Cost considerations; Linking of badging policies to degree of accessibility of a facility. INSET: New bumps...
- ON THE WEB. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2011, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p57
The article offers information on topics related to security technologies located at securitymagazine.com, which include the relationship with security integrator, funding of security proposals and security system integrator.
- Security Systems: Upgrade or Update? Kern, Andy // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p47
Offers advice to firms on when to update or upgrade their security systems. Technological advances in the computer field; Addition of features to an existing system; Absence of a set schedule to update any security system; Movement towards a universal platform.
- Securing your business. Moore, Melissa // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p10
Discusses ways of keeping businesses as safe as possible from theft, fraud or inattentive employees. Importance of security cameras; Utilization of fingerprint recognition and thermal signature technology; Costs of security equipment.