- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Jul2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p10
Features hazardous materials firefighting equipment from different manufacturers and dealers. Portable decontamination shower from Haws Corp.; Hazmatshower Pro 70 Vent decontamination shower heater from Zodi; 2020PRO Photo-ionization monitor from Photovac Inc.
- SMART SPECS. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p64
The article presents four fire departments in the US that acquired new fire trucks equipped with decontamination equipment. The Baltimore City Fire Department received new Pierce decontamination units purchased with Homeland Security funding. The New York Fire Department placed an order for two...
- Clean and Easy. Brooks, Bill // Fire Chief;Feb2012, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on the proper care of gears by firefighters which was put into regulation by the National Fire Protection Association. It mentions that there are carcinogen substances that are left in gears after a firefighting event, so proper cleaning and decontamination of the gears must...
- Products. Services. Media. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p85
Presents several products, services and media concerning firefighters. Includes Dispatch Automation Inc.'s RIMS for Windows version 7.0 computer-aided dispatch and records management system; Freightliner Corp.'s high-roof extended cab; Gemtor Inc.'s 959 full-body harness.
- Fire Engineering apparatus showcase. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Oct96 Supplement Apparatus, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p1
Presents products and equipment for fire prevention and control. Includes the S&S Fire Apparatus tanker; Angus Brass Style 10 incoming gated relief valve; 3-D Manufacturing rescue truck designed by Wisconsin's Poynette-Dekorra Fire Department; Swiftwater titanium wet suit from CMC Rescue;...
- Hot Choices, Cool Products. Frank, Suzanne L. // Buildings;Oct2000, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p60
Covers information on several fire protection systems for buildings as of October 2000. Description of the SLR-835B baseless photoelectric smoke detector; Introduction of the photoluminescent safety markings; Features of the metal Manual Fire Alarm from Siemens.
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Jun95, Vol. 148 Issue 6, p130
Presents fire extinction and prevention equipment. Includes drop tank; High-output blower; Personal surveyor; Lite tracker; Water rescue manikin.
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p198
Presents several equipment and products used in firefighting. Suntube gas infrared heater; Sentry series power blowers; Night Rescue image intensification system; Waterproof insulated boots; Face masks; Gas monitors; Features of each equipment; Product manufacturer.
- Water-mist systems offer protection for commercial cooking areas. // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the study which confirms the effectiveness of water-mist fire suppression systems in extinguishing accidental fires in commercial cooking areas. Tests conducted by the Institute for Research in Construction (IRC) to determine the effectiveness of three systems; Time taken to...