IP ON THE RISE
- VOIP? A Question Of Perspective. Audin, Gary // Business Communications Review;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p62
Addresses questions related to the adoption of voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Interoperability of the systems; Changes to be made to data networks; Solutions to improve the performance of VOIP.
- Efficient Architecture and Handoff Strategy used for VoIP Sessions in SIP Based Wireless Networks. Tin-yu Wu; Rong-wei Jhang; Han-chieh Chao // Wireless Personal Communications;Oct2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p201
AbstractÂ Â In the near future, the Internet is likely to become an All-IP network that provides various multimedia services over wireless networks. Although the earliest VoIP applications did not consider the end-node mobility, researchers have attempted to support mobility in current VoIP...
- VoIP vendors: It's time to test interoperability. Burns, Christine // Network World;11/06/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p52
Editorial. Asserts that understanding which voice-over-Internet Protocol equipment works is crucial for users who plan to merge their voice and data networks. Industry groups which have been promoting interoperability; Tests to be carried out by 'Network World' magazine and Mier...
- Regulatory, reliability issues swirl around VoIP. Duffy, Jim // Network World;9/22/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the meeting among practitioners of packet telephony focusing on trends and developments in the internet telephony industry in 2003. Emphasis on the interoperability of multi-vendor internet telephony systems using Session Initiation Protocol; Developments in telephony security,...
- Time to Think Hard About Interoperability. Worthman, Ernest // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p6
Advocates the implementation of universal interoperability in wireless technology. Comparison between the ZigBee wireless protocol and other interconnect standards; Capabilities of the WiFree wireless protocol; Benefits from interoperability.
- The Sleeping Giant Awakens. Priyadarshan, Eswar // Siliconindia;Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the emergence and continued strength of the wireless data market in North America. Development of the wireless application protocol (WAP); Significance of interoperability in the market; Trends in the development of IP telephony.
- WiMAX Gets Ready for Broadband Big Screen. Bernhard, Frank J. // America's Network;6/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p8
The article inquires how service points are going to write their legacy in the theater of wireless carriers versus the new Wi-Fi upstarts. The emergence of upstart Wi-Fi networks demonstrates that broadband access doesn't need to be tethered. Rather, many users are highly mobile and require the...
- DSP GROUP/LANTIQ COMPLETE INTEROPERABILITY FOR GATEWAYS. // Tele-Service News;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the decision of wireless chipset solutions provider DSP Group Inc. and technology company Lantiq to announce the completion of interoperability testing based on the Cordless Advanced Technology: Internet and Quality specification (CAT-iq 2.0). It says that CAT-iq 2.0 is a...
- Middleware Interoperability for Pervasive Environment. Vasanthi, R.; Wahidabanu, R. S. D. // European Journal of Scientific Research;9/30/2011, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p82
Pervasive computing refers to visionary new ways of applying information and communication technologies (ICT) to our daily lives. The advent and the phenomenal growth of low-cost, lightweight, portable computers concomitant with the advances in wireless networking technologies (eg., WLAN, GPRS,...