Co-Located, But Still Not Unified Command
- Wildfire academy Feb. 13-17. // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p8A
The article offers information on the Central Texas Wildfire Academy for firefighters to be held at the Camp Bowie, Texas from February 13-17, 2014, which offers classes in squad boss, ignition operation and tanker shuttle courses.
- FDNY graduation most diverse in city's history. BLOOMBERG, MICHAEL R. // Filipino Reporter;5/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p20
The author reflects on the diversity of probationary firefighters who graduated after completing a training program at the Fire Academy in New York.
- Improving Situational Awareness in a Fire Structure. Diehl, David N. // Fire Engineering;Apr2008, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p24
The article focuses on the strategies that should be implemented by fire departments to improve their fire services and reduce the rate of firefighters fatalities caused by lost, caught, or trapped in structure fires. It emphasizes the need to develop a survival awareness program that will...
- Learning Curve. Pindelski, Jeffrey // Fire Chief;Dec2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the factors to be considered by instructors when training fire fighters so that they acquire the skills necessary to have confidence and achieve precision when working under emergency situations. Training instructors should consider should consider how fire fighters learn...
- Saving Lives by Commanding the Mayday. STUMBAUGH, SEAN // Fire Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p22
The article offers details of the Commanding the Mayday training course, a 16-hour class for chief officers and aspiring officers from Sacramento, California. The training, which was designed to teach fire service officers to learn the basics of saving a lost or drowned firefighter, was the...
- Nashville Fire Department Announces Graduation of Thirty-Three New Firefighters. // Tennessee Tribune;1/20/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13A
The article announces the graduation of 33 newly-trained firefighters after finishing a six-month intensive training program including certification as an Emergency Medical Technician from the Training Academy of the Nashville Fire Department in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Firefighter education is everyone's responsibility. McCormack, Jim // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the aspects of fire department training. Skills required for a training; Key element for effective training; Role of fire fighters in a fire department training; Role of the company officer in training; Responsibilities of department trainers.
- Developing a Fire Service Training Program. PINSKY, BRADLEY M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2013, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p93
The article examines training of fire fighters. The development of a program for training by a fire department is considered. The impact of the organizational statement of a fire department on creation of training programs and the use of the department's risk management plans in training are...
- Training in Iraq. // Crisis Response Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the training of unpaid volunteer firefighters to prepare them on how to perform rescue operation and to battle fires as part of the programme for the Iraq Civil Defence Directorate in Iraq.