Grant Applications to Close
- Canyon Lake Fire/EMS To Receive $56,082 Grant Funding will be used to support firefighters and their work as first responders. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/7/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that Canyon Lake Fire/Emergency Management Services will receive a $56,082 from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Office of Grants and Training.
- Home sprinkler group wins education grant. // Contractor Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p13
The article focuses on a grant award received by Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) through the Fire Prevention and Safety Grants program of the Federal Emergency Management Agency's National Preparedness Directorate. HFSC plans to use the award to expand local support of home fire sprinkler...
- Helping our own First! Snyder, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p14
Presents a narrative of the author's views on the proposal to share U.S. fire prevention equipment surplus with developing nations. Fire departments that have limited budget; Types of grants-in-aid that provide equipment for fire departments.
- Shared Grant to Develop VR Training. // Fire Chief;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the plan to use a U.S. Administration grant awarded to the Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) to fund a continuation and expansion of a computer simulation training program for fire inspectors. Characteristic and mission of CFAI; Advantages of the virtual-reality...
- FM Global launches fire prevention grant program. // Fire Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p51
The author reports on a fire prevention grant program which has been started by the business property insurer FM Global. Local, regional, state and national level organizations are eligible to apply for grant money. The grants can be used for a variety of reasons including fire prevention, fire...
- FPRF lists FEMA research grant projects. // Fire Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 160 Issue 11, p61
The author reports that a Fire Prevention and Safety Grant has been awarded to the Fire Protection Research Foundation (FPRF). According to the article, the grant, which was for $990,000, is going to be used for a variety of projects including the development of a methodology to determine fire...
- Fire Safety Literacy Project gets funding. // Reading Today;Apr/May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p4
Reports on a grant received by the Home Safety Council, ProLiteracy Worldwide and the Oklahoma State University's Fire Protection Publications to expand the Fire Safety Literacy Project in the U.S. Overview of the project; Goal of the project.
- Around the State. // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p43
This section offers news briefs related to fire service in Minnesota. Eden Prairie Fire Department firefighter Ward Parker was named Firefighter of the Year. Fire Chief Denny Lemler of the Cohasset Fire Department has retired. The Apple Valley Fire Department has received a grant from the 2006...
- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p50
Reports developments related to fire engineering in the U.S. as of June 2004. Presentation of the 2004 CFSI/Motorola Mason Lankford Fire Service Leadership award to U.S. Fire Administrator David Paulison; Appeal to fire departments on surveys soliciting information; Total of Fire Prevention and...