Insurer Demands Payback for Wildfire Costs
- Pennsylvania Wins Judgement Against Allstate For Deceiving Third Party Claimants. // Insurance Advocate;01/27/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the ruling of a Pennsylvania court that Allstate Insurance Co. is liable for illegally discouraging consumers from obtaining legal counsel to resolve their personal injury insurance claims. Accusation filed against Allstate.
- The Aftermath. Sirola, Bill; Spring, Jerry; Davies, Jerry; DeMarco, Peter // Orange County Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p55
The article presents several comments from the insurers regarding the insurance claims made after the 2003 wildfires in California. State Farm Insurance Co. has asserted that there will be building permit issues, zoning issues, contractor availability issues to be dealt with. Farmers Insurance...
- Allstate Files Suit To Recover $3.5 Million Paid On Allegedly Fake Automobile Accident Claims. Zarate, Vincent R. // Insurance Advocate;11/25/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 47, p10
Deals with the lawsuit filed by Allstate Insurance to recover the money used to pay people who allegedly filed fake automobile accident claims. Amount of the money; Significance of the lawsuit; Comments from the company lawyer and investigator.
- Allstate Introduces 'Claim Satisfaction Guarantee'. // National Underwriter / P&C;1/9/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the introduction of personal-lines insurer Allstate Insurance Co. of the Claim Satisfaction Guarantee, a program assuring customer satisfaction regarding their auto-claim services.
- U.S. Attorney In Los Angeles Ends Probe Into Allstate's Handling Of Northridge Earthquake Claims. // Insurance Advocate;02/17/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p40
States that the United States (U.S.) Attorney in Los Angeles, California, has advised Allstate Insurance Co. in February 2001 that the investigation into the firm's handling of claims arising from the 1994 earthquake has ended.
- Misleading legal literature costs Allstate in Pa. Greenberg, Lisa // Automotive Body Repair News;Apr2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p20
Reports the prosecution of Allstate Insurance Co. for discouraging consumers from settling personal injury claims in Pennsylvania. Court ruling of Judge Dan Pellegrini; Grant of a motion for summary judgment; Comments of the company on the court ruling.
- Storm Losses Batter Allstate Stock. // American Banker;7/20/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 139, p20
Reports the plunge in shares of Allstate Corp. as of July 2001, after a report showing that its second-quarter earnings had fallen. Company hurt by claims from Tropical Storm Allison and other bad weather; Comments.
- Take It to Court. Bowers, Barbara // Best's Review;May2000, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p84
Focuses on insurance firms' efforts to dispute in court low-damage automobile insurance claims in the United States as of May 2000. Allstate Insurance Co.'s legal battles with trial lawyers; Implications for the automobile insurance market. INSET: The Fraud Factor: Insurance Rates on the Rise..
- Southern California firefighters. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;10/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 224, p2
Informs about the South California fire fighters' struggle with the two wildfires that engulfed several acres of remote foothill country on October 15, 1995.