Organizations Push for Safety at FRI
- THE FOREST AND THE TREES. Folisi, Ken // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p121
The author reflects on safety procedures for the U.S. fire service. For the fire service to reduce incidents of injury or death, it must enforce seat belt and driving speed regulations, institute a comprehensive surveillance program for all firefighters and conduct a research on cardiac problems...
- FIREFIGHTERS OH. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p24
The article reviews the study "CDC Workplace safety and health-NIOSH ALERT: Preventing fire fighter fatalities due to heart attacks and other sudden cardiovascular events." It reports five cases that describe firefighter fatalities due to sudden cardiac events and a brief overview of...
- Firefighters and on-duty deaths from coronary heart disease: a case control study. Kales, Stefanos N.; Soteriades, Elpidoforos S.; Christoudias, Stavros G.; Christiani, David C. // Environmental Health: A Global Access Science Source;2003, Vol. 2, p14
Background: Coronary heart disease (CHD) is responsible for 45% of on-duty deaths among United States firefighters. We sought to identify occupational and personal risk factors associated with on-duty CHD death. Methods: We performed a case-control study, selecting 52 male firefighters whose CHD...
- Fire service pensions review. Williams, Anthony N. // Occupational Medicine;Jun2014, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p230
No abstract available.
- 2007 Fire and EMS Safety Stand-Down - Disaster! Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p55
The article announces the death of nine fire fighters who participated in the third annual International Fire and EMS Safety Stand Down which was supported by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and the Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) of the IAFC, and held in...
- 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p51
The article presents the fire fighter life safety initiatives.
- 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p51
A list of fire fighter life safety initiatives are presented, including defining and advocating the need for a cultural change within the fire service relating to safety, enhancing the personal and organizational accountability for health and safety throughout the fire service and empowering all...
- The Fireground. // Fire Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p112
Focuses on preventing fire fighter fatalities in fire situations in the U.S. Line-of-duty deaths; Airway management; Role of the incident commander in ensuring safety of fire fighters.
- 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p47
A list of the fire fighter life safety initiatives is presented.