Enhanced vascular responses to noradrenaline in isolated omental arteries from patients with advanced cirrhosis: evidence against intrinsic vascular hyporeactivity in cirrhosis
- THE USE OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL TEMPERATURE VASOMOTOR TEST IN THE EVALUATION OF PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE. Ebel, Alfred; Rose, O. Alan; Raab, Kurt // Angiology;Jul1961, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p310
A new test in which environmental temperature and sedation are utilized to induce vasoconstriction and vasodilatation has been described. Preliminary experience indicates that it is simple and satisfactory, and that it is better tolerated than most methods in current use. The importance of the...
- THE ACTION OF EPHEDRINE ON FOREARM BLOOD VESSELS IN MAN. Frewin, D. B.; Whelan, R. F. // Australian Journal of Experimental Biology & Medical Science;Aug1968, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p425
Investigates the actions of ephedrine on the forearm vessels in man. Mechanisms of the vasoconstrictor and vasodilator actions of ephedrine; Representation of the response in the normal limb; Prevention of the constriction of the vessel in response to ephedrine as a result of the administration...
- Comparison of the cerebral effects of dopamine and norepinephrine in severely head-injured patients. Ract, C.; Vigué, B. // Intensive Care Medicine;Jan2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p101
Objective: To compare the cerebral effects of dopamine and norepinephrine after severe head injury. Design: Prospective, clinical study. Setting: Surgical intensive care unit in a university hospital. Patients: Nineteen patients with severe head-injuries already requiring vasopressor therapy....
- Vascular Responsiveness of Simian Digital Artery to Various Vasoactive Substances. Ito, Takashi; Chiba, Shigetoshi // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jun86, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p678
The stainless steel cannula inserting method was used to observe vascular effects of 7 vasoactive substance on the isolated and cold-stored digital artery of the monkey. The artrial preparation was suspended in a bath at 37Â°C and perfused with Ringer's solution under constant flow rate. Drugs...
- THE PHYSIOLOGIC EFFECT OF VASODILATORS ON THE OMENTUM OF THE DOG IN LOW FLOW STATES. Schumer, William; Lee, Domingo K.; Jones, Bernice // Angiology;Mar1965, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p140
Investigates the effects of vasoconstrictive substances on the microcirculation of the dog omentum in oligemic shock. Production of an increased peripheral perfusion; Mechanism of pentracrythritol tetranitrate in producing vasodilation; Function of the intact nitrate ester.
- Urotensin II: A Vascular Mediator in Health and Disease. Kemp, William; Roberts, Stuart; Krum, Henry // Current Vascular Pharmacology;Apr2005, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p159
Urotensin II is the most potent vasoconstrictor known. Paradoxically, urotensin II also possesses vasodilator activity in certain vascular beds. While much is still to be learnt regarding urotensin II's actions on vascular tone, it is now clear that it mediates its effects by interacting with a...
- zolmitriptan. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p579
This article presents information on zolmitriptan which is an antimigraine drug which is used to treat acute migraine attacks. It works as a vasoconstrictor, producing a rapid constriction of blood vessels surrounding the brain. Administration is oral.
- Hemodynamic effects of felypressin and epinephrine on anesthetized rats. Singi, Glenan; de Sousa Oliveira, Nereida; Araujo, Lourdes Dias; Singi, Marianne Bastos // Journal of Anesthesia;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p204
Investigates the hemodynamic effects of the combination of felypressin and epinephrine on the arterial pressure and the electrocardiogram of anesthetized rats. Use of adding vasoconstrictor substances to local anesthetics; Mechanism of action of catecholamines; Effects of epinephrine.
- Evidence about inotropes: when is enough, enough? Gordon, Anthony // Intensive Care Medicine;Apr2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p695
The author explores the use of inotropes for intensive care unit (ICU) patients with low cardiac output and ongoing hypofusion instead of catecholamines. Topics discussed include a study on the use of levosimendan in clinical practice and the effects of levosimendan compared to current inotropes...