Symptom patterns in functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome: relationship to disturbances in gastric emptying and response to a nutrient challenge in consulters an non-consulters
- Blood Drive. Prettyman, Gayle // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/30/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p4
The article announces the blood drives scheduled in September 2006 at Bulverde, Texas. Any individual 17 years and above, weighing at least 110 pounds, and in good health may donate blood. Saint Paul Lutheran Church of Bulverde will hold its blood drive on September 10. The Home Depot at the...
- Almost an armful. Peverley, Phil // Pulse;4/16/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p28
Shares the author's experience of donating blood to the Blood Transfusion Service. Questions asked by the attending physician; Author's unpleasant encounter with a nurse.
- Escherichia coli 0157 Exposure in Wyoming and Seattle: Serologic Evidence of Rural Risk. Haack, Jason P.; Jelacic, Srdjan; Besser, Thomas E.; Weinberger, Edward; Kirk, Donald J.; McKee, Garry L.; Harrison, Shannon M.; Musgrave, Karl J.; Miller, Gayle; Price, Thomas H.; Tarr, Phillip I. // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1226
We tested the hypothesis that rural populations have increased exposure to Escherichia coli O157:H7. We measured circulating antibodies against the O157 lipopolysaccharide in rural Wyoming residents and in blood donors from Casper, Wyoming, and Seattle, Washington, by enzyme immunoassay (EIA)....
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease among Blood Donors in Sistan and Balouchestan Province, Southeastern Iran. Bahari, Ali; Karimi, Mehrbod; Sanei-Moghaddam, Ismail; Firouzi, Farzad; Hashemi, Mohammad // Archives of Iranian Medicine (AIM);Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p301
Background: The prevalence of celiac disease is common in Iran. The aim of the present study was to determine the prevalence of celiac disease in apparently healthy blood donors of Sistan and Balouchestan Province, southeastern Iran. Methods: Serum samples of 1600 consecutive apparently healthy...
- America's Increasingly Low Iron Levels Could Be Improved With Beef. Radke, Amanda // Beef Expert Blog;3/31/2013, p3
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of donating blood.
- minipool. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1474
A definition of the medical term "minipool," which refers to a small sample of blood or blood products derived from a large group of blood donors, is presented.
- The percentage of Americans who donate blood annually. // Parenting Early Years;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p24
The article urges Americans to donate blood to address blood shortages in the country.
- Blood drive to be held here Tuesday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/27/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the Coffee Memorial Blood Center will hold a Clarendon Community Blood Drive at the Clarendon College Bairfield Activity Center in Texas on December 2, 2014.
- The Healthy Way to Donate Blood. McGrath, Cheryl; Horn, Clare; Althoff, Susanne; Nachatelo, Melissa // Natural Health;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p22
Offers tips to keep one's energy level high prior to, during and after donating blood. Dietary recommendations prior to giving blood; Ways for calming oneself while donating blood; Relaxation techniques following the procedure.