- Stem cell research. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;7/12/2001-7/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p8
Focuses on controversy concerning the stem cell research in the United States. Support of president Bill Clinton on the research initiative; Nature and advantages of stem cell research; Appeal from the anti-abortion advocates and pro-medical development on the research program.
- Stem Cells. Bodach, Vijaya Khisty // Odyssey;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on stem cells research.
- Human embryonic stem cells: The future is now. Keller, Gordon; Snodgrass, H. Ralph // Nature Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p151
The development of human embryonic stem cells as a research tool and therapeutic option offers a number of potential applications including the replacement of damaged tissues.
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p341
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including protein control, identity and properties of mesenchymal stem cells and tissue regeneration.
- Better methods for the preparation of human ES cells. // Reproductive BioMedicine Online;Dec2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p760
The article discusses research being done on a method for the preparation of human embryonic stem (ES) cells. It references a study by E. S. Ng and colleagues published in a 2005 issue of "Blood" journal. The method devised by the researchers was based on work using serum-free medium to produce...
- Playing the name game. // Nature;7/7/2005, Vol. 436 Issue 7047, p2
Comments on the proposal to refrain from using the term embryo when referring to the blastocytes from which human embryonic stem cells are harvested, during the meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research in San Francisco, California. Involvement of the scientist in the rejection...
- HOLLYWOOD SCIENCE. Bruck, Connie // New Yorker;10/18/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 31, p62
Looks into the issue of whether or not the U.S. government will promote stem-cell research. Views of public officials regarding the matter; Amount of money spent on research from the years 1998 to 2003; Process made in making the research.
- Understanding Stem Cells. // Diabetes Health;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on the types of stem cells. Qualities of embryonic stem cells; Number of tissues in humans containing adult stem cells; Uses of adult stem cells in research.
- India and UK collaborate on stem cells. // Reproductive BioMedicine Online;Sep2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p279
Reports on the collaboration between Indian and British scientists on stem cells, as of 2004. Use of the Indo-UK Science and Technology Networking Fund; Factor that triggered Indian scientists to approach the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office; Information on the two types of awards...