STEM CELL DEBATE
- Stem Cells. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;6/4/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p1712
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by CBS News regarding the addition of federal funds for stem-cell research in the U.S. in 2005. Percentage of respondents who supported the additional funds; Approval for the use of embryonic stem cells in medical research.
- Stem-Cell Standoff. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p31
Presents the public opinion polls concerning the controversial ballot measure to authorize issuance of general obligation bonds for embryonic stem cell research in California. Opposition of the ballot measures by the Republicans; Reflection of the state's polarized electorate; Destruction of...
- Public support for hybrid embryos rises, poll shows. Kmietowicz, Zosia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/8/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7618, p466
This article looks at public opinion on the use of hybrid animal-human embryos for research in Great Britain. The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority has to decide whether or not to approve the use of the hybrid embryos for stem cell research. In a poll, the British public displayed a...
- WHAT A BUSH VETO WOULD MEAN FOR STEM CELLS. Gibbs, Nancy; Park, Alice; Allen, Mike; Calabresi, Massimo // Time;
This article discusses the response of U.S. President George W. Bush to stem cell research efforts. Though 2006 public opinion polls display strong support for stem cell research Bush vocally disagrees with the practice and has planned to exercise a veto on legislation providing it with federal...
- The Battle Over Stem Cells. Gilgoff, Dan // U.S. News Digital Weekly;3/13/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p9
This article focuses on the executive order signed by U.S. President Barack Obama which lifted the restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research in March 2009. According to public opinion polls, only a few Americans think that embryonic stem cell research is immoral as several...
- Few children participate in health research, survey says. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/5/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p30
The article focuses on the results of the new national poll conducted by the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital which show that few children join in medical research.
- Topic of the poll. // BioSpectrum;May2014, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p80
Statistics are given regarding the rate of respondents who said yes and no to a public opinion poll that asks whether stem cell research in India needs additional attention.
- Americans want more say in scientific research. // R&D Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p11
Presents information on a national opinion poll in the U.S. which was conducted by the Center for Science Policy and Outcomes in Colombia University in Washington D.C. Need for more input into the direction of scientific discoveries and technologies; Number of citizens who believed that human...
- IN THE NEWS: All-singing, all-dancing, and highly controversial. Wood, Heather // Nature Reviews Neuroscience;Aug2001, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p532
Deals with the debate surrounding embryonic stem (ES) cell research in the U.S. Opposition facing ES cell research from pro-life groups; Prospect of government funding for the research; Arguments advanced against the research.