Vasospasm After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Basilar tip aneurysm in perimesencephalic like subarachnoid hemorrhage. Importance of exact diagnosis and the role of delayed repeated digital subtraction angiography. Maslehaty, H.; Mahvash, M.; Doukas, A.; Barth, H.; Petridis, A.; Mehdorn, H. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Apr2013, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p595
A letter to the editor about a case report of a 46-year-old male patient with basilar tip aneurysm in perimesencephalic-like subarachnoid hemorrhage is presented.
- Atorvastatin preconditioning attenuates the production of endothelin-1 and prevents experimental vasospasm in rats. Chih-Zen Chang; Shu-Chuan Wu; Chih-Long Lin; Shiuh-Lin Hwang; Shen-Long Howng; Aij-Lie Kwan // Acta Neurochirurgica;Aug2010, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p1399
Induced endothelin-1 (ET-1) production and decreased nitric oxide synthase (NOS) bioavailability have been found in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Atorvastatin is recognized to have pleiotropic effects including increasing NOS bioavailability as well as reducing inflammation and...
- Early improvement of bilateral abducens nerve palsies following surgery of an anterior communicating artery aneurysm. Ziyal, I. M.; Özcan, O. E.; Deniz, E.; Bozkurt, G.; Ismailoğlu, O. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Feb2003, Vol. 145 Issue 2, p159
Reports on a case that showed early improvement of bilateral abducens nerve palsies following surgery of an anterior communicating aneuryms. Presence of a subarachnoid hemorrhage filling the interior supratentorial, prepontine and perimesencephalic cisterns.
- Tratamiento microquirÃºrgico de los aneurismas de la bifurcaciÃ³n de la carÃ³tida interna. González-Darder, J. M.; González-López, P.; Botella-Maciá, L. // Revista Neurocirugia;jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p205
Clinical and imaging findings of a series of 14 internal carotid artery bifurcation aneurysms microsurgically treated are presented. A total of 10 lesions were diagnosed before rupture and 4 patients presented with subarachnoidal hemorraghe and frontobasal intracerebral bleeding. Diagnosis was...
- Alteraciones electrocardiogrÃ¡ficas en hemorragia subaracnoidea por ruptura de aneurisma. Reporte de un caso y revisiÃ³n de la literatura. Carrillo-Esper, Raúl; Antigua-Bretón, Yisel Y.; Carrillo-Córdova, Jorge Raúl // Revista Mexicana de Anestesiologia;abr-jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p122
Electrocardiographic abnormalities in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage secondary to aneurysm rupture appear in 50% to 100% of cases. The most frequent electrocardiographic abnormalities are T wave deep positive, flat or inverted, T waves inverted associated with lengthening of the QT...
- Size of third and fourth ventricle in obstructive and communicating acute hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Knol, D. S.; van Gijn, J.; Kruitwagen, C. L. J. J.; Rinkel, G. J. E. // Journal of Neurology;Jan2011, Vol. 258 Issue 1, p44
In patients with acute hydrocephalus after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH), lumbar drainage is possible if the obstruction is in the subarachnoid space (communicating hydrocephalus). In case of intraventricular obstruction (obstructive hydrocephalus), ventricular drainage is the only...
- Prognosis in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. Whiteley, William // Current Medical Literature: Stroke Review;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the prognosis and treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). SAH has a young age of onset, often disabling and the chance of recurrent stroke is small once the patient survives the insult. Treatment of SAH is aimed at lowering the risk of aneurysm rebleeding and...
- Risks and Benefits of Screening for Intracranial Aneurysms in First-Degree Relatives of Patients with Sporadic Subarachnoid Hemorrhage. // New England Journal of Medicine;10/28/99, Vol. 341 Issue 18, p1344
Background: The first-degree relatives of patients who have subarachnoid hemorrhage from ruptured intracranial aneurysms are themselves at risk for subarachnoid hemorrhage. We studied the benefits and risks of screening for aneurysms in the first-degree relatives of patients with sporadic...
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage from a ruptured proximal lenticulostriate artery aneurysm. Bhat, Dhananjaya I.; Shukla, Dhaval P.; Somanna, Sampath // Neurology India;Jan2012, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p128
A letter to the editor is presented which reports a case of a patient with subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) resulting from rupture of a fusiform aneurysm arising from the proximal part of a lateral lenticulostriate arteries (LSA).