St. Tammany Boost
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Maine's GOs to AA from AA-Minus. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p33
The article reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to upgrade Maine's general obligation bonds to AA from AA-minus with a stable outlook. Colin MacNaught, associate director of Standard & Poor's, related that the decision came following strengthening of the state's economy and upbeat...
- Union Investment stellt eigenes LÃ¤nderrating vor. // Risiko Manager;2012, Issue 20, p22
The article discusses a credit rating system for sovereign debt and government bonds developed by German financial consulting firm Union Investment.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2007 1st Quarter, p21
The article presents Sovereign risk ratings by the periodical "Business Monitor International," of different countries owing to their debt servicing capabilities.
- State bond rating. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;02/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the effects of reducing the state budget and reducing the backlog of unpaid health care bills in Illinois. Upgrade of Illinois' credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Incorporated.
- Disappointing rating. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p21
Reports on South Africa's sovereign rating of BB from the European finance agency IBCA. Rating in Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's; Reason behind increase in domestic interest rates.
- Standard & Poor's assigns A rating to state public works board. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/09/98, Issue 322379, p13
Reports that Standard & Poor's has assigned its single A ratings to California State Public Works Board's lease revenue refunding bonds issued for California. Relevance of the designation; Possibility of an upgrade if the state continues to demonstrate consistent and improved financial position.
- Illinois and Colorado Are Bringing the Biggest Deals. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33644, p7
The article forecasts the performance of Colorado and Illinois state bonds in January 2012, which according to Frederick Yosca of BNY Mellon Capital Management have a healthy demand.
- Moody's joins S&P, Fitch IBCA in upgrade of Massachusetts debt. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p3
Reports on the upgrade of Massachusetts's state bonds. Causes of the bond upgrade; Includes high levels of wealth and sustained economic growth; Comments from investment analysts.
- Rank Order Analysis of State General Obligation Bond Ratings. Uyar, Bülent; Escarraz, Donald R. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p91
This study extends research which suggests the possibility that different economic variables might have been emphasized by Moody's in establishing state bond ratings. The objectives and the scope of the earlier study preclude formal testing, and the Scheffe test is not the proper statistical...