- The Occurrence of Structural Hysteresis in Declining Organizations. Ford, Jeffrey D. // Academy of Management Review;Oct80, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p589
Structural hysteresis provides a conceptual framework in which to consider relationships between organization size and structure during periods of decline. The use of this framework, as an extension of current theory, Indicates that relationships between size and structure in declining...
- BUILDING A MODEL OF WORK FORCE REDUCTION THAT IS GROUNDED IN PERTINENT THEORY AND DATA: REPLY TO McKINLEY. Sutton, Robert I.; D'Aunno, Thomas // Academy of Management Review;Jan1992, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p138
In this article the authors respond to comments made about a paper they published in a pervious issue that discussed that examined organizational decline. The authors proposed two models of the process in their original work, the second of which drew the most scrutiny. In this article they...
- Wellman Cuts Management Positions; Halts New Product Development. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;11/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 41, p11
Reports on the decision of Wellman to eliminate senior management positions and to halt the development of new products as part of an effort to reduce annualized costs. Overview of the corporate reorganization; Net loss posted by the company.
- Purposeful Resistance Leadership Theory. Prindle, Ron // International Journal of Business & Social Science;Aug2012, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p9
A new leadership theory is suggested and pertains to the general topic of power whereby mid-level organizational leaders resist organizational change for the purpose of retaining their position of power in the organization. The purposeful resistance theory relates to the power dimension of...
- Total's speciality arm gives hedge for petchem cycles. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/12004, Vol. 80 Issue 2089, p9
Reports on the decision of Total to dissolve Atofina and integrate its chlorochemical, intermediates and performance products into an entity called CIP. Statement issued by chairman and CEO Thierry Desmarest; Statement issued by Atofina spokesman on the move.
- DECREASING ORGANIZATIONAL SIZE: TO UNTANGLE OR NOT TO UNTANGLE? McKinley, William // Academy of Management Review;Jan1992, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p124
This article presents comments on an article published in a previous issue that discussed the effects that work force decline has on organizational structures. In that article the authors presented two models that outlined the results that declining financial resources and a decreasing work...
- Decreasing Organizational Size: Untangling the Effects of Money and People. Sutton, Robert I.; D'Aunno, Thomas // Academy of Management Review;Apr89, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p194
Literature on declining organizations focuses on two indicators of decreasing size-- loss of financial resources and work force reduction. This effort to integrate the decline and size literatures combines psychological and sociological perspectives to distinguish between the effects of these...
- Human resources management: ideals and idealism. Bowleg, W. Lester // Cuadernos de Investigacion Nueva Epoca;nov1996, Issue 42, p31
The article discusses the ideals and goals to work towards in human resources management. Due to the ever changing conditions within both business and human resources, professions within the department must be willing to make changes to the overall management of the organization. Many within the...
- It's Time to Break a Few Things. Bigelow, Peter // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
Provides tips for electronics companies on dealing with corporate reorganization. Importance of an effective business strategy; Quality of the products; Need for personnel changes.