Cranston, R.I., Foresees $9 Million Budget Surplus
- Greece budget has â‚¬2.06 bln surplus. // Regional Today;3/27/2014, p2
The article reports that the primary surplus of the budget of Greece totaled to 2.06 billion euros in two months, as indicated in data released by the State General Accounting Office in March 2014.
- Sindh Budget: Rs. 193.10bn Tax Free Budget Presented. // Economic Review (05318955);May/Jun2006, Vol. 37 Issue 5/6, p9
The article reports on the 193.10 billion rupee tax-free provincial budget for year 2006-2007 in Sindh, Pakistan. Amid protests from opposition on the law and order situation, the tax-free budget, presented by Sindh Finance Minister Syed Sardar Ahmed, is a 302.24 million rupee surplus budget as...
- A NOTE ON GOVERNMENT BUDGETS. Kyer, Ben L.; Maggs, Gary E. // American Economist;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p87
The standard pedagogical examination of government budgets includes the distinction between cyclical and structural deficits and surpluses and changes thereof. This paper extends the regular classroom analysis and graphically demonstrates that cyclical changes in the government budget can be...
- LatAm: 2006 Budget Highlights. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p13
Discusses the 2006 budget proposals of governments in Latin America. Budget surplus proposed by Mexican President Vicente Fox; Rate of increase in minimum wage proposed by the Brazilian budget; Abandonment of the spending change clauses in the 2006 budget proposal of Argentina.
- Budget deficits and debt: correcting structural imbalances. // OECD Economic Surveys: Turkey;Jul1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 15, p51
Examines the progress of the fiscal consolidation process in Turkey. Factors underpinning the commitment to a strong primary budget surplus; Status of public sector deficit; Efforts to control public sector wage and price developments.
- The 2005 budget. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Feb2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses the 2005 budget of Saudi Arabia, which targets balanced books. One expects fiscal surpluses in both 2005 and 2006, although they will decline from 2004 levels. Fiscal policy will be expansionary in 2005, and the journal expects another year of budget surplus, although this...
- U.S. Posted $8,67B Surplus in January. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p2
Reports on the budget surplus for the month of January 2005 in the U.S. Total personal tax receipts; Amount spent in interest on the public debt.
- Doha unveils big spending hike. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/7/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 14, p31
The article reports on an announcement made by Qatar Finance Minister Yousef Hussain Kamal regarding the 2006/07 state budget. The budget includes a projection of a 44.4 percent increase in expenditure. With revenues expected to increase by 49.6 percent, the surplus is also seen to rise....
- Gender Responsive Budgeting in India. JHAMB, BHUMIKA; MISHRA, YAMINI // Economic & Political Weekly;12/12/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 50, p54
Gender responsive budgeting in India has been in practice for 10 years. An assessment reveals a mixed picture. There are number of positive developments, such as changes in select planning and budgeting processes and creation of gender budget cells. However, restricted reach of GRB and stagnant...