Denver-Area Referendum on Transit Plan Gets Financial Backing
- Victory in Vermont. Dorn, Kevin // Association Management;Nov2001, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p58
Presents information on how the Vermont Society of Association Executives (VSAE) has dealt with the legal issues posed by the administration of lobbying tax law in Vermont. Role of the efforts toward campaign finance reform in the development of the legislation; Steps made by VSAE to file the...
- Capital Briefs. // Human Events;03/26/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p2
Presents updates on politics and government in the United States as of March 26, 2001. Defeat of the paycheck protection amendment to the proposed campaign-finance bill in the country; Passage of a legislation on tax cuts; Appointment of Lou Gallegos to the Department of Agriculture.
- PIVOTAL EVENTS IN CONGRESS. Graham, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;4/07/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p1034
Discusses several developments in the United States Congress for the week of April 2-5, 2001. Approval of the campaign finance reform legislation sponsored by Senators John McCain and Russell Feingold in the Senate; Amendment to decrease the amount of the proposed tax cut of President George W....
- Gift Taxes on Donations to Social Welfare Organizations: De-Politicizing Social Welfare Organizations Or Politicizing the IRS? Melone, Matthew A. // DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal;Fall2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p51
The article focuses on the politicizing of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding the gift taxation on donations to organization having tax-exempt status. Topics discussed include imposition of gift taxes on donations to political organizations, evolution of campaign finance...
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p51
Reports on the lack of consensus in the Congress regarding campaign finance reform legislation. Senate campaign bill proposals.
- NAB blasts campaign ad plan. KM // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the hostile reaction of the National Association of Broadcasters to President Bill Clinton's campaign finance reform package that opens up the airwaves to all candidates. Lower rates for radio and television airtime; Senate candidates' broadcast time rate; House candidates' free...
- Basic Current Law. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p197
Discusses the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 which established regulations on the financing of election campaigns and the amendment to the Act which created the Federal Election Commission.
- Evolution of Federal Election Campaign laws. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p196
Lists a number of laws enacted by Congress from 1867-1988 relative to financing Federal election campaigns.
- Existing Federal Campaign Finance Law. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p228
Presents excerpts of the Federal Election Campaign Act from a Federal Election Commission publication, `The FEC and the Federal Campaign Finance Law.' Grants; Matching payments; Filing requirements; Limits and prohibitions.