Fla.s Bush to Call Special Session for Post-Hurricane Questions
- Florida Enacts Generator Law To Ready Condos for Stroms. Nicholson, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/17/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information related to the hurricane-readiness legislation which was signed in June 2006 by Florida Governor Jeb Bush. The legislation, which is a part of a series of measures to bolster the state's hurricane preparedness, will spur a spate of construction projects across...
- Wilma Forces Florida Election Officials to Postpone Some Upcoming Votes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p35
Reports that Governor Jeb Bush has postponed the mayoral and city commission primary election because of difficulties caused by Hurricane Wilma in Miami, Florida. Decrease in precinct clerks; Justification of the postponement of the elections; Damage caused by the hurricane in the area.
- Repeal of Florida's Intangibles Tax Still Awaiting Gov. Bush's Signature. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p5
The article reports that a bill repealing Florida's intangible personal property tax had still not been sent to Governor Jeb Bush for his signing three months after it was passed by the Legislature. The Florida House speaker's office clarified that it was a matter of schedule, noting that it was...
- Florida Eyes Quick Hurricane Recovery. Folmer, Fred // Travel Agent;10/31/2005, Vol. 323 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- What Hurricanes? Sigo, Shelley // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports on the comment of Florida Governor Jeb Bush on the increase of visitors to the state, despite the damages caused by hurricanes in year 2004. Financing of the state public-private tourism agency; Estimate of the economic impact of the Visit Florida campaign.
- Florida Draws The Line On Hurricane Claims. Hays, Daniel // National Underwriter / P&C;11/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the deadline set for insurers to settle up claims from hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne in August and September 2004 by lawmakers in Florida. Date approved by Florida Governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet for insurance companies to settle claims; Estimate of total insured...
- Florida's Bush Sees Storm Insurance 'Crisis' and Looks to Special Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32453, p3
The article reports on the special session called by Florida Governor Jed Bush concerning the expected insurance crisis in the state brought about by the heating up of the tropics at the peak of the hurricane season in Florida. The insurance markets decided to cut back on the number of insurance...
- Storm-Weary Fla. Schools to Seek Policy Waivers. Richard, Alan // Education Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
This article reports that Florida school districts are asking the state to ease its rules on testing, class sizes, and instructional time. Residents evacuated the Florida Panhandle last week to avoid the third hurricane in five weeks to hit the state, where some schools have been closed almost...
- 2012 Legislative bulls & bears. // Corridor Business Journal;5/21/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p12
The author criticizes the state legislature for failure to pass a comprehensive property tax relief, wherein Iowa will remain to be the second highest commercial and industrial property taxes in the U.S., and homeowners and businesses will be collected by about 2 billion-dollar of new property tax.