- Nassau County, N.Y., hit with short-term downgrade from S&P. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p3
Indicates that Standard & Poor's (S&P) has downgraded Nassau County, New York's short-term ratings. County's failure to address structural budget imbalances; Delays in implementing deficit reduction plans; Outstanding issues that S&P also downgraded.
- S&P raises six N.J. appropriation-backed credits. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p27
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of six more rating upgrades for New Jersey's appropriation-backed debt. Total amount of outstanding bonds; Upgrade of all ratings to the same AA-minus category.
- Miss. Agency Selling Water Bonds for Jackson. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p7
Reports on the plan of the Mississippi Development Bank to sell special obligation water and sewer system revenue bonds for the city of Jackson in Mississippi. Amount to be issued for the transaction; Role of Financial Security Assurance Inc. in the deal; Credit rating given to the transaction...
- Fitch, S&P Reports Highlight Growing Number of Downgrades. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p7
The article focuses on the declined bond ratings issued by the agency Fitch Ratings Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. in New York in 2009. According to a report, Fitch has signed various downgrades than upgrades in the first quarter, while Standard & Poor tipped in favor of upgrades. The agency...
- S&P Drops Sacramento County To AA-Minus, Pension Debt to A. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p38
The article announces that the Standard & Poor's Corp. has rated A-plus from AA-minus the credit rating of Sacramento County, California. It states that the company highlights the decline managing difficulty of the county's tax revenues and economic costs. Standard & Poor's explains that the...
- S&P Bumps Up Wyoming to AA-Plus From AA. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p35
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded the issuer credit rating on Wyoming to AA-plus from AA with an additional stable outlook. The rating agency believes that the state's revenue growth will continue due to high energy prices and that the state's non-energy-related economy...
- Boston Gets S&P Upgrade Ahead of $133 Million GO Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p7
Reports on the credit rating upgrade earned by Boston from Standard & Poor's in Boston, Massachusetts. Impact of the reserves and liquidity of the city on the ratings; Increase emphasis on budgetary control in fiscal year; Resolution to labor negotiations and pension liability.
- WEST VIRGINIA: Manchin: We're on Track. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p9
The article reports on the credit ratings given by rating agencies for West Virginia Economic Development Authority in February 2007. Fitch Ratings Inc. upgraded its outlook for the five series of bonds sold by the agency in 2002-2004 from A to A-plus. Also, Moody's Investors Service Inc. and...
- S&P Upgrades San Diego County's Issuer Credit to AA-Plus. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. upgraded San Diego County's issuer credit rating to AA-plus from AA and its outstanding pension obligation to AA from AA-minus in California. The ratings apply to $1.6 billion of outstanding debt, with about $1.2 billion of it pension obligation...