Missouri City Weighs Appealing Injunction vs. Levee Bonds
- Debt Appeal Brief Filed. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p37
Reports on the filing of a debt appeal brief by the government of New Jersey relating to a decision blocking a portion of its proposed tobacco bond refunding deal. Details of the brief; Opponents of the transaction; Citation of the state's law on deficit financing.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32465, p32
The article presents a list of bond elections in several cities and towns in the U.S. In Clover, South Carolina, voters will be deciding on a $58,500 bond proposal. Rockford, Illinois, on the other hand submits a $14,000 bond for the voters to decide whether to approve it or not. Other cities...
- Lawyers wonder if IRS appeals process will dilute rights granted by Congress. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/25/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30486, p4
Reports that bond lawyers have questioned the value of the right to appeal that the United States Congress has granted to bond issuers. Concerns about technical advice memorandums from the Internal Revenue Service; Guidelines on appeals issued by the agency.
- Bans on Hold. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p35
Reports on the delay of the deal of the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority related to the sale of $125 million in bond anticipation notes until September 2004 in New York. Sale of bonds by the authority for the city's cash flow needs; Expectation of Fitch Ratings to assign a new rating on the...
- Anchorage Plans to Sell $112 Million of Refunding Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p5
Reports on the plan of the city government of Anchorage, Alaska to sell refunding bonds. Potential of the city to achieve value savings; Inclusion of money for the schools in the transaction; Underwriters of the deal.
- Southwest Issuance Jumps 60%. Williamson, Richard; Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/21/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33768, p1
The article reports 60 percent increment in the municipal bond volume issued by issuers of southwest regions of the U.S. for the first six months of 2012. It further reports improvement in the municipal bonds that was recorded with a low volume of 17.8 billion U.S. dollar for the year 2011. The...
- L.A. Officials Predict 12% Savings On $320M Wastewater Refunding. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p34
The article reports on the prediction of 12 percent present-value savings on a planned 320 million dollars wastewater refunding by the city of San Francisco, California. The city swapped about 250 million dollars in connection with the 2003 convention center deal. The author stresses that the...
- University of Missouri Pricing $260 Million Fixed-Rate Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p29
The article reports that University of Missouri Curators will price 260 million dollars of fixed rate revenue bonds to generate new funds for several projects and to reform its health system debt in Missouri. Morgan Stanley will serve as the book-running senior manager with Stern Brothers & Co....
- S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p7
Reports on the removal of the negative CreditWatch designation for Lake County and other municipalities in Indiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Plan to review other areas after a court challenges the constitutionality of a tax reassessment in the state; Review conducted on each issuers...