Municipals Finish Little Changed; Wisconsin, Virginia Deals Sell Well
- Secondary Edges Up; Spreads Tighten in Primary. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32343, p2
The article reports on the slight increase in municipal bond prices in the secondary market on March 20, 2006 due to modest gains in Treasuries. Treasury prices inched higher with the production on the ten-year note decline as the market rebounded from minor losses. The performance of the...
- Munis End Weaker Despite Treasuries; Large Seller Circulates With Up to$1B. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, William // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of March 2005. Estimation of the amount of bonds for sale; Decline in the consumer price index; Extension of the Treasury's gains.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Go At 4.895% High Yield. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p6
The article reports that the United States Treasury Department has auctioned $8 billion of four-week bills at 4.895% high yield. The coupon equivalent was 4.982%, while the bid-to-cover ratio was 2.92. Tenders at the high rate were given 74.96%. The median yield was 4.880%, while the low yield...
- Munis Mixed in Data-Free Session. Scarchelli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p2
The article reports on the market performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. A mix of firm and a bit of weak performance is seen in the market the Treasury market showed little movement. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note finished at 4.40 percent. The yield on the two-year note was...
- IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p2
The article presents news briefs concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of August 3, 2006. The Treasury Department plans to raise $21.6 billion by auctioning $44 billion in three segments to refund $22.4 billion in maturing securities under its third-quarter refunding. The...
- Munis Firm as Dealers Absorb Bid-Wanteds. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32402, p2
The article highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States s of June 13, 2006. The municipal bond market firmed slightly, as modest gains in Treasuries and continuing weakness in equities helped dealers absorb a bid-wanted list of about $350 million. According to the...
- Market Takes In Largest Supply Level This Week. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p2
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 26, 2006. It highlights trends in the municipal primary and secondary markets. The Treasury market experienced moderate gains but remained stuck in its recent range. The economic calendar was...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p36
Presents statistics on the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 14, 2005. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation (GO) yields; Weekly yields of 20-bond GO index and treasury securities.
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rise; Washington, San Fran Airports Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p2
Focuses on the performance of municipal bonds and treasury bills in the U.S. bond market on January 22, 2003. Basis points on municipal bond yields; Concerns among people regarding municipal bond prospects; Claims that will indicate economic growth according to economists.