New Baltimore, Mich., Raised to A by S&P
- Southwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p27
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Southwest, as of May 25, 1999. Includes proposal to cut property taxes in Little Rock, Arkansas; Moody's Investors Service's upgrade of Johnson County, Kansas, Water District's bonds; North Texas Tollway Authority, Texas' approval of a toll...
- Northeast bond-watch. // Bond Buyer;11/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30776, p30
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the United States, as of November 29, 1999. Includes property tax referendum approved by voters in Caesar Rodney School District in Delaware to purchase land for and build school facilities; Estimates on Maine's revenue collection during a...
- Turning to Tobacco to Fund Education. Larkin, Gary // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p15
Focuses on the effort of Governor John Lynch to cut the budget deficit and replace the controversial property tax that funds education with an increased tobacco tax in New Hampshire. Contents of the spending plan which calls for elimination of vacant positions; Concern on the state's budget...
- N.H. Governor: School Funding Measure May Hurt State's Rating. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;05/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31140, p36
Reports the warning of New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen on a possible state rating downgrade. Effects of a downgrade; Caution of rating agencies on a downgrade; Unconstitutionality of local property taxes.
- Higher taxes are inevitable in Chicago. Cahill, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;3/10/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p0004
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's reduction of the bond ratings of Chicago, Illinois. Topics discussed include Mayors Richard M. Daley and Rahm Emanuel's shorting of Chicago's contributions to public employee pension funds between 2003 and 2014 and curtailing of the pension...
- Gloucester, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to raise Gloucester, Massachusetts' $69.9 million outstanding general obligations bonds to A1 from A2.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p31
A table depicting changes to government bond ratings from agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. is presented.
- S&P upgrade gives Tennessee Triple-A crown. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p36
Cites Tennessee as the ninth state to carry unified triple-A general obligation bond ratings from the big three credit agencies. Standard & Poor's upgrade of the state's rating on May 1, 1998; General obligation authorization for fiscal 1999; Rating agencies' main point of contention with state...
- Little Rock officials remain confident, despite recent downgrade by S&P. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p6
Reports on continued confidence by Little Rock, Arkansas officials despite Standard & Poor's downgrade of its general obligation bonds after noting an erosion of the city's reserves. City's efforts to strengthen its financial situation and address capital needs; Capital improvement revenue issue.