Tax Package Short on Muni Provisions
- Second local government bill before Easter. Mack, Tom // Public Finance;
Reports the publication of a second local government bill before the Easter parliamentary recess in Great Britain. Aim to promote elected mayors and an ethical framework for councils; Principles of the bill; Lack of support among local authorities for the council reform.
- Mixed Hereditaments (Certificate) Regulations 1967. // Accountancy;Jun67, Vol. 78 Issue 886, p387
Reports on the British Ministry of Housing and Local Government's issuance of a circular which explains the mixed hereditaments regulation in 1967.
- GOVERNMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/26/2007, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p15
The article presents news briefs on local government affairs in Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake County has hired Lorna Vogt to oversee the Open Space Trust Fund program. House Bill 134, passed by the 2007 legislature, will redistribute the state's share of mineral royalties from lands involved...
- Taxes Act consolidation. // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p52
Reports that the Income and Corporation Taxes Bill was given its first reading in Great Britain on October 28, 1987.
- LibDems win battle for change in local referendum poll. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;4/11/2003, p12
Reports on the changes to the legislative bill governing local referendum polls in Great Britain. Support of the Liberal Democrat party for the alteration of the bill; Advantages of the amended bill; Impact of the bill on local autonomy.
- Costs of Parliamentary Bill. // Accountancy;Apr1967, Vol. 78 Issue 884, p277
Answers a reader's question on whether the costs of a Parliamentary Bill should be disallowed for corporation tax purposes in Great Britain. Details of the case; Effects on the accounting sector; Policy implications on taxation.
- House Bills May Hurt Home Rule. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/18/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p3
The article explores issues concerning the House Bills 4780-4788 or the Township Services Consolidation Act in Michigan. Ottawa County Administrator Al Vanderberg views the bills as a challenge to a basic tenant of democracy that provides a foundation for the governmental system the nation has...
- Tax relief possible for first-time homebuyers. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/15/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p20A
Reports on the legislative bill allowing local governments to grant property tax abatements to first-time homebuyers in New York. Provision of opportunity to working families; Proposal of senator Charles Fuschillo for state mortgage tax; Increase of the house's assessed value.
- Clustered-housing bills ready for Engler signature. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p6
Introduces several legislative bills requiring local governments to adopt ordinances that provide for clustered housing in Michigan. Provisions of the bills; Adoption of ordinances allowing a developer to cluster the number of housing units; Sponsors of the bills.