Changes in Pricing Policies
- MSRB Wants Comment on SMMP Definition, Obligations. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;5/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33905, p3
The article informs that the organization Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking comments on a proposal to establish a new rule for sophisticated municipal market professionals (SMMPs) and a related rule setting the obligations of dealers toward SMMPs.
- MSRB Files Muni Fund Securities Amendments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p5
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board filed amendments to its Rule G-3 on professional qualifications with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Amendment that would delete an expired transitional rule for supervisors of brokers and dealer selling municipal fund...
- Next phase of MSRB pricing program begins. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p4
Focuses on the start of the next phase of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) price transparency program in the United States on March 2, 1998. Need for dealers to send MSRB pricing and other information from their trades with institutional and retail customers; Concerns about...
- MSRB Issues Plan to Move To Real Time. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p1
Details the requirement for dealers in the United States to report their municipal securities trades within a specific time after they occur under the real-time reporting system proposed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for the municipal market by mid-2003. MSRB solicitation...
- MSRB's Latest Audit Shows Slight Loss Offset by 'Cushion' From Prior Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p4
Reports on the financial status of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2000. Decrease in net assets.
- SEC eases Rule G-32 filing deadlines. // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p36
Focuses on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-32. Removal of any potential timing discrepancies concerning dealer and customer receipt of official statements.
- MSRB Abandons Effort to Ease Independence Standard for Board. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33992, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has withdrawn its proposal to amend its Rule A-3 that is related to govern how board members are appointed due to unexpected opposition.
- MSRB Seeks More Relief for Small Firms Selling Municipal Fund Securities. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/12/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31179, p13
Reports the proposed regulatory relief for broker-dealer companies due to the loss of municipal fund securities (MFC) business in Washington, D.C. Expansion of the relief by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Qualifications of MCF principals; Views of executive director Christopher...
- MSRB files proposed rules with SEC requiring training for muni supervisors. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/22/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30315, p4
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) filing of proposed amendments to Rule G-3 with the US Securities & Exchange Commission, that would require supervisors in municipal broker-dealer firms to participate in continuing education training programs. Other features of the...