Justifying Flush Valve Commissioning
- Sustainability Solutions. Berning, Michael J. // Sustainable Facility;Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses various Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems on building commissioning services in the U.S. According to the U.S. Green Building Council (USCBC), commissioning is important in building's design and construction process. It is noted that a...
- LEED COMMISSIONING: Design Review. Ellis, Rebecca // Engineered Systems;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
The article examines the advocacy of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in monitoring the standards of the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) in the U.S. Commissioning professionals facilitate commissioning for an increasing number of USGBC LEED registered projects whereby...
- COMMISSIONING & Energy Conservation. Ellis, Rebecca // Engineered Systems;Oct2009, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the idea of energy conservative building in the U.S. Initially, it explores the characteristics of an energy conservative building, in relation to the requirement of the U.S. Green Building Council. In addition, it examines the factors that played a role on the process of...
- LEED-Certified Building Stock Tops 2 Billion Sq Ft Worldwide. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2012, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p17
The article reports based on a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) announcement that the total footprint of commercial buildings around the world certified by Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green-building program has exceeded 2 billion square feet with an additional 7...
- Sustainable Schools Provide Growth. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/1/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the findings of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in 2011 which show the increasing adoption of sustainable design and ideas by college campuses in the country as reflected on their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified buildings.
- Achieving 'Low-Cost' LEED Projects. Miranda, Hernando // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2005, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p32
Presents ways to determine the lowest-cost points in the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System by the U.S. Green Building Council. Keys to achieving a low-cost LEED project; Levels of LEED certification; Critical factor to achieving a desired LEED rating.
- A Smart Solution. Easton, Jennifer // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2011, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Volume Program of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), which was created for organizations that uses LEED and offers cost-effective and timesaving approach for organizations to use high-performance buildings.
- PRACTICING WHAT THEY PREACH, QUIETLY. Cramer, Ned // Architect;Fall2007 Special Guide, p8
The editor reflects on the decision of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) to make their headquarters a showcase for sustainable materials and design strategies. He cites that several people involved in the construction industry like architects, contractors, and developers will pass through...
- USGBC Testifies Before Congress on Benefits of Green Building. // Floor Covering Installer;Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p49
The article reports on the promotion of the U.S. Green Building Council on sustainable building to the U.S. Congress.