When HVAC Really MATTERS
- Research results presented at ASHRAE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/27/95, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p24
Reports on new findings in heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) research presented at the ASHRAE Centennial Meeting. ASHRAE-sponsored projects on refrigerants and indoor air quality and other topics.
- Take A Look At Our Latest 'Best Of The News.' Conrad, John C.H. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/5/2003 Supplement, Vol. 219 Issue 1, p3
Introduces the May 5, 2003 issue of the periodical 'Meters Monitors Sensors and Controls' which features a selection of news stories taken from past issues of the periodical. Repackaging of information into a reference guide.
- Getting Fourth Graders Interested In HVACR. Hall, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/24/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 8, p27
Describes a career development session held among fourth graders from an elementary school in Detroit, Michigan which discussed the work of a heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration service technician. Explanation of the work conducted by Craig Jones of Slasor Heating and...
- SERVICE HOTLINE. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/01/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 1, p26
Answers questions on the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration. Proper way to charge a home central air conditioning unit; Requirements imposed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency on the use of recovery machines; Use of R-409A instead of R-12 in automotive...
- At your service. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p56
Advises heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineers to participate in the design phase of a hospitality facility construction project. Engineer's role in renovation; HVAC system for a film theater; Rooftop units for restaurants; HVAC system for hotels; Filtration. INSET: KFC...
- A Precision Operation. Greim, Clifton; Garrison, Don; Marchessautt, Raymond E. // Engineered Systems;Jul2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses the design and installation of a new heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system in Franklin Memorial Hospital in Farmington, Maine. Several parameters surrounding the design and operation of the system include the improved space environmental control, designing the...
- Is Raising Heat Pumps Really Necessary? Boyd, Robin // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/23/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 4, p20
The article focuses on the problems related to heat pumps and how they can be prevented by installing the heat pumps properly. It describes how a blockage in the heat pump coil can result when the ice buildup around the heat pump prevents defrost condensate drainage. It mentions that the...
- Don't Bury The Compressor Before It's Dead. Lee, Shawn // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/4/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 14, p1
Points out that air conditioning and refrigeration contractors and technicians should pause before they condemn a compressor at a job site. Finding that one-third of all compressors pulled from the field, returned to manufacturers, and torn down for failure analysis do not have observable...
- WHAT IS (or isn't) In a name? Dickens, Kevin V. // Engineered Systems;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the relationship between the concepts of innovative, good and green designs for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Highlights of building automation; Perception of the design; Strategies of the macro approach.