Boilers Help Hospital Cut Energy Use
- Fire-tube versus water-tube boilers. Sauselein, Theodore // Engineered Systems;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p59
Compares fire-tube and water-tube boilers. Boiler capacity; Calculations on a water-tube boiler sample problem; Heating surface of a boiler; Sizing boilers correctly.
- Structured Mathematical Modeling of Industrial Boiler. Aziz, Abdullah Nur; Nazaruddin, Yul Yunazwin; Siregar, Parsaulian; Bindar, Yazid // Journal of Engineering & Technological Sciences;2014, Vol. 46B Issue 1, p102
As a major utility system in industry, boilers consume a large portion of the total energy and costs. Significant reduction of boiler cost operation can be gained through improvements in efficiency. In accomplishing such a goal, an adequate dynamic model that comprehensively reflects boiler...
- Packaged watertube boiler. // Power;Mar95, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p88
Reports on the availability of packaged watertube boiler in shop-assembled modular units from ABCO Industries Inc.
- Steam to hot water conversion tips. Yates, Dave // Contractor Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p28
The author presents tips on converting steam into hot water so as to reduce the annual operating costs, achieve even distribution of heating, and safety from small children or elderly being burned. He suggests incorporating a modcon warmed water boiler for that purpose and elaborates the...
- Advancing NDT Analysis. Hower, Scott; Morris, Trevor // Quality;Apr2013 Supplement, Vol. 52, p8
The article discusses the importance of automation and technological advancements in the nondestructive examination (NDE) data analysis. It suggests that an automated non-interactive data analysis program should be developed to answer the complexity in reviewing inspection and addresses...
- Low-NOx boiler meets muster at Knouse Foods sterilizing site. // Power Engineering;Nov95, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p92
Reports on the installation of a TurboFire XL watertube boiler at Knouse Foods Cooperative. Steam and pressure production; Design.
- Full Steam Ahead. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2005, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p22
The article presents information on the new modular, stand-alone boiler by ThermoSteam Systems Inc. It works with a dry cleaner's existing return tank and pump or ThermoSteam's Insta-Therm integrated return system, which preheats return water for improved efficiency and quick recovery. It is...
- KEEPING UP STEAM. Worden, William M. // Steamboat Bill;Summer2009, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the million dollar re-tubing of the Lake Michigan carferry Badger, which has four Foster-Wheeler water-tube boilers that are 56 years old. According to the article, the significance of this is that the service and Badger are expected to prosper and that Badger will remain a...
- Bad vibrations from Southern California. Varley, James // Modern Power Systems;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p10
In this article, the author opines on problem of steam generators in pressurized water reactors (PWR) which resulted in closure of Southern California Edison's San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) units 2 and 3 power plants. He also opines on excessive tube wear at SONGS provided by...