Misadventures in Locating Instruments and Control-System Components
- Enclosed limit switches. // Indian Textile Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p89
This article reports on the release of M4 Series enclosed limit switches from Moujen of Taiwan. The M4 Series switches can be supplied in different actuators to suit specific applications. The switch has an electrical service life of 200,000 operations and mechanical life of 10,000,000 operations.
- Take care of the MONEY SENSORS. Hydeman, Mark // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2010, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on the different techniques to prevent money sensors in the U.S. Money sensors are the small inaccurate errors cause with the use of sensors which can affect the utility bill of clients. The use of the economizer high limit switch has been viewed efficient to save energy....
- Snap-action Switch Calibrated During Fabrication. Bak, David J. // Design News;11/7/88, Vol. 44 Issue 21, p138/
Sliding a bi-stable switch element into this special fixturing device automatically calibrates the element's force/deflection characteristics. Welding makes the calibration permanent. The result is a mass-produced switch that "snaps" exactly as specified. Developed by Lyn Burch, the design caps...
- Bright Ideas. // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p92
The article features automated lighting accessories. They include the Intela Voice Operated Light Switch or Dimmer, Light Socket Sensor and The Touch Lamp Pad. It offers information on how to operate the accessory, cost and advantages.
- Sensors & Actuators. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p53
Introduces various sensors and actuators in the U.S. as of October 2003. Features of the CT05 miniature molded reed switch sensors from Coto Technology; Description of the Model 480B21 signal conditioner by PCB Piezotronics Inc.; Usability of the Pepperl+Fuchs' FE7W Series collision avoidance...
- SENSORS & ACTUATORS. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2007, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p66
The article features several sensors and actuators. They include Elma Electronic's mechanical, incremental encoder, the Type E33, Moore Industries' LRX Low-Power Temperature Transmitter for oil and gas well-heads and similar installations where line power is not available, and Turck Inc.'s CQ40...
- Sensors & Actuators. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p86
Presents various sensor and actuator products. High resolution optical encoders from BEI Duncan Electronics Division; High amplitude accelerometers from PCB Piezotronics; Plastic encapsulated photodiodes from UDT Sensors.
- PRODUCT FOCUS. McBride, Antonia E. // Control Engineering;May2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p76
Features discrete sensors used in automatic control equipment. Intelligent conveyor control; Comprehensive sensor line; High sensitivity ring sensors; Self-teachable optical sensors.
- High-Current Quad Output Regulator Protects Large TFT Panels. // Electronic Design;2/16/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p28
Features Linear Technology's high-current quad output adjustable switching-regulator, LT1493. Features; Price; Web site.