Commissioning Chilled Water Plants On Large Campus Settings
- Disc-Operated Pump Increases Product Yield and Quality. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;
Features the benefits of using disc-operated pump in increasing product yield and quality. Boundary layer/viscous drag forces that produce a laminar flow with no pulsation; Net positive suction head requirements of a disc pump; Susceptibility of disc pump to cavitation.
- When the Bubbles Burst. Chikezie, Nwaoha // Flow Control;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses the method to manage pump cavitation via troubleshooting. Cavitation degrades the performance of a centrifugal pump, resulting in a fluctuating flowrate and discharge pressure. Cavitation occurs when bubbles in the flow stream collapse after passing into higher regions of...
- DISC PUMPS. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jul2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p84
Features the disc-operated pump as a solution to pump-related problems that have posed major challenges to the coatings industry. Types of pumps; Principle behind the disc pump; Reduction of risk of cavitation in the disk pump; Effect of internal clearances of disk pump on energy efficiency;...
- Selecting a Specialty Accumulator. Cheema, Joe // Power;Jan2011, Vol. 155 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on several techniques that helps in improving the pressurized fluid system, for the smooth operation of equipment. It states that immediate changes in the pressure lead to vibration and cavitation, that decreases the reliability and life of the fluid system used in...
- Movement of Location of Tip Vortex Cavitation along Blade Edge due to Reduction of Flow Rate in an Axial Pump. Shervani-Tabar, Mohammad T.; Shervani-Tabar, Navid // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;2012, Issue 61, p1034
Tip vortex cavitation is one of well known patterns of cavitation phenomenon which occurs in axial pumps. This pattern of cavitation occurs due to pressure difference between the pressure and suction sides of blades of an axial pump. Since the pressure in the pressure side of the blade is higher...
- Slow Down! Snow, Peter // Construction Bulletin;12/3/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 10, p26
The article presents information on water pumps. There is a common misperception that if a portable construction-dewatering pump runs faster it will pump more water. In fact running a pump too fast may cause suction cavitation that may in turn wreak havoc with the pump internals. Suction lift...
- REDEFINING Pump Control. Rndiay, Keivm // Flow Control;Feb2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on how to optimize pump performance and reliability. It states the need of warnings noticed when pump is not operated like seal failure, shaft deflection and cavitation at its Best Efficiency Point (BEP). It states for achieving best efficiency of pumps, one need to know pump...
- Software Pumps Up Demonstrator. DeMeis, Rick // Design News;3/3/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p46
Features the PumpLabâ„¢ cabinet-size unit on casters developed by turbine Technologies Ltd. Application of a centrifugal flow pump with changeable impellers; Significance of the LabView data acquisition software in the teaching of cavitation in pumps; Overview of the design process of the pump.
- Product Intros. // Plant Engineering;Mar2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p64
Presents several equipment and supplies for plant engineering. Efficiency of MCI-C motor starter from Danfoss Inc.; Features of Peerless 8196 Performer Series ANSI process pumps from Sterling Fluid Systems Inc.; Description of Envirojet ultra-low NOx burner.